BottleNext - Cylindrical mITX case (Preorder Update)

BottleNext

Caliper Novice
BottleNext
Apr 9, 2016
www.bottlenext.com
Minifoxi BottleNext's main marketing guy.
Next week they will be finished and soon the kickstarter will launch. Sad Dans case going to run at same time but more noise for both sides.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Changes in the Design.
Frame even more robust
Total height from 290mm to 297mm.
Two 2,5 inch SSD in a bracket.
SFX power supplies up to 600W; no longer supports SFX-L
Max cpu cooler size to 43mm; from 40mm.
Easier and better installation of the graphics card
Cables now exit underneath with 8MM standoff height; before it had an opening in the side.
The feet are now extendible so you can raise the case for more air intake/outlet.
Rubber coated magnets now hold the top lid in place; before it was screwed in.
Power button hidden under the lid (not seen in the video)
Graphics card maximum lenght from 185mm to 200mm

Interesting ! So the lid on top is easily removable now due to the magnets, but would you need to remove the lid to press the power button ? I haven't watched all the videos though.

vluft

programmer-at-arms
Jun 19, 2016
Nice looking case. Per the FAQ the CM Seidon V2 fits which is 52mm height... how much space is there for installing top fan in total?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Here's another cylindrical case. They seem to have really gone for the trash can feel with the terrible PSU they've included and the overall build quality. Certainly won't be providing any competition for you guys ;)

BottleNext

Caliper Novice
BottleNext
Apr 9, 2016
www.bottlenext.com
Nice looking case. Per the FAQ the CM Seidon V2 fits which is 52mm height... how much space is there for installing top fan in total?

It will be 62mm to be on the safe side for a combination of a fan and radiator that are 60mm together. The case is made for a 140mm fan with 120mm fan holes. So you should replace that 120mm fan that comes with the Seidon V2. I'll add it to my FAQ on our website.

And yes Phuncz. You have to lift up the lid a bit to turn it on when you are using the lid.
The looks without the lid is still a thing i'm trying to improve. A magnetic dustfilter to cover some things is on consideration right now.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
The looks without the lid is still a thing i'm trying to improve.
I'd love to see this improve more, I've seen that it has already been improved from earlier prototypes. I would personally remove the lid, especially if it's needed to power on.

Minefoxi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
www.youtube.com
Just saw this:

I think that enough space to fit a full size 120mm AIO cooler and a full thickness 120/140mm fan in there is a great thing and a major improvement over this tiny air cooler! :thumb:

Now you just have to come up with a nice top cover with vents that match the rest ;)

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
Looks really promising. I kind of like vertical cases since they fit better in backpacks than cube or shoebox (unless you stand them on the rear).

I think it'd be great if you can add details such as CPU height limits, GPU length limits, etc to the opening post, as well as this new video. It will make it easy for people to find information about the case rather than checking out a post buried somewhere in the thread :)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Nice, I'm glad to see this project coming along nicely, can't wait to see this in the hands of the community !

Reactions: Lone

BottleNext

Caliper Novice
BottleNext
Apr 9, 2016
www.bottlenext.com
Looks really promising. I kind of like vertical cases since they fit better in backpacks than cube or shoebox (unless you stand them on the rear).

I think it'd be great if you can add details such as CPU height limits, GPU length limits, etc to the opening post, as well as this new video. It will make it easy for people to find information about the case rather than checking out a post buried somewhere in the thread :)

Strange that its not on my website anymore. I will add it to specifications again. Thanks for telling me.

I'm scared it won't get funded though. Will work 24/7 on spreading the word but I might just be to early with launching it.

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
Strange that its not on my website anymore. I will add it to specifications again. Thanks for telling me.

I'm scared it won't get funded though. Will work 24/7 on spreading the word but I might just be to early with launching it.

I've done a crowdfunding before, albeit not a hardware thing. If I can give you a few tips:
  • Make sure all the essential information are easy to find. People are lazy. The less they have to work to find these, the better.
  • A lot of pretty and meaningful design pics get people reading. For example, put it beside a banana for scale or show that it can be shoved into a backpack for portability.
  • It's best if you have a real, working prototype with all the components built into it. Then post pictures, maybe even temperatures and noise. That would really turn people from 'Hmm, I'm not sure they can pull it off' to 'They can pull it off. Should I buy one?'.

Also, a lot more presence in communities would be great. Try the [H]ardforums and Reddit /r/SFFPC two weeks before the project launches and generate some audience. They'll be the first to back you, and that early kick can get you miles.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
On HardForum, try to present it as a project and raise awareness, don't push the Kickstarter angle much, if at all. They're inconsistent with commercial projects over there and some projects are tolerated while others get banned.

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz