BottleNext - Cylindrical mITX case (Preorder Update)

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
On HardForum, try to present it as a project and raise awareness, don't push the Kickstarter angle much, if at all. They're inconsistent with commercial projects over there and some projects are tolerated while others get banned.
That is true, my project being one that got me instantly banned from the forum without any explanation whatsoever!

Reddit on the other hand I've to found to be a very responsive place to create awareness of your project.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
On Reddit, just keep in mind that different subreddits have different rules. /r/hardware is pretty intolerant of self-promotion (most of the time) while /r/sffpc is ok with it for example.

Reactions: CC Ricers

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I wish you the best of luck with the campaign ! If I didn't already commit to (atleast) two other cases, I would have bought this one instantly.

BottleNext

Caliper Novice
BottleNext
Apr 9, 2016
www.bottlenext.com
What happened to "the first 100 backers get the case for €100"?

Threw that out since then i had to put the goal to 140.000 and sell 900 cases. And probably at a loss.
I also wanted to see that people would pay the 160-200 euro they are pre-ordering for now.

I've added it again now.

So basically it was just a test to see if my story and product is worth the price. Now its just a matter of reaching more people.

Last edited:

HgArg

Caliper Novice
Nov 18, 2016
I've launched the campaign. Please support me if you can :thumb:
Thanks for all the tips. I'm not spamming forums, the backers can do that if they want. Going for paid advertisement as well. Even physical printed ones.

Here is a link to follow progress.
Wow, the Rietveld Schröder House in the video!

Reactions: BottleNext

axtran

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
Bought one today. I'm assuming these are "full production" and no longer prototypes? I'm going to have it side-by-side with my Mac Pro as a server (Docker host). Just my perfect level of SFF OCD meets 'Nerdy.'

BottleNext

Caliper Novice
BottleNext
Apr 9, 2016
www.bottlenext.com
They are production models but they are not as perfect as i want them to be either. So far everyone is satisfied and I've had no returns. I want and will make it better if there is enough market for it. Thank you for supporting my mission.