Blower vs open air GPU with 645LT on CPU?

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 10, 2019
Hello. I'm planning on moving my PC from a Ncase M1 to the Dan A4. Already pre-ordered the v4.1 case and AIO, and I'm not sure which style of GPU cooler to go with. I've read as many threads here and elsewhere that I could find on the topic but have had issues finding any real definitive answers.

Assuming I can get my hands on one the CPU will be a 3950X liquid cooled with the 645LT sooner than later. Currently have a 2700X. The GPU will be anything from a 2070 Super to a 2080 Ti depending on what I can find. Have had trouble finding stock of the Asus turbo 2070 super if blower is the preferred style for my needs.

Would it be more beneficial to go with a blower for better CPU temps, or does that not matter as much with the AIO? I have some concerns about temps and noise for both the CPU and GPU while gaming and streaming.

Tashi

Trash Compacter
Jun 15, 2019
Open coolers do better than blowers on most DAN A4s I have seen by different users. Vertical fins help air exit to the bottom and top of the case, which are ventilated. Or if you have a 15x90mm fan under the motherboard then the air can easily be pushed from bottom to top through the fins. The Gigabyte Gaming G1 is a good example of a card with vertical fins and with dimensions that fit the DAN A4, but higher end cards (2080\Ti or something) might have a wider than 2 slot cooler implementation.

Reactions: Erikdayo

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 10, 2019
Thanks. I've seen the 2 slot axial cards Dan recommends in another thread, but I guess I was unsure how it would affect CPU temps. That's still my question. If it won't make much difference with the 645LT then I'll probably opt for a recommended open design. I plan on having an A9x14 under the mobo like you mentioned.

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 10, 2019
As an update I ended up going with an EVGA 2070 Super Black and have the 645LT and L9A both on the way. The L9A I will try with the A9x14 + fan duct and also adapter + A12x15. My Dan A4 isn't going to be here for another month, but I'm looking forward to completing this build. ?

The EVGA card works well in my M1, and I suspect it'll be better in the A4 due to the design of the case.

Sparky

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 2, 2019
I have an R5 3600 and a PowerColor Red Dragon 5700 flashed with the XT bios and temps stay pretty neutral imo. Even with the 5700 running full tilt it only hits 75c with a max fan speed of 2500 and I haven't even undervolted yet. It can get kind of loud but even with all that heat my CPU temps are usually around 70-75c as well. But I'm only running a 65w CPU in comparison.