Kettun

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Apr 4, 2019
Hi! I recently got my V4 shipped to me, and a couple of days ago I got enough parts to get it going, so it's started up and its beautiful, and so compact it makes everyone visiting question if it's an external GPU.

However, due to stock issues I've yet to acquire a few very important parts. like you know, A GPU.
That said I took some extra time to search around and see what a good alternative would be for my first pick.

Currently the build is as follows:
PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum
Motherboard: Asrock z390 Phantom Gaming ITX
Processor: i7 8700 Intel
RAM: 2x16GB 3000Mhz LPX Corsair Vengeance
GPU: A random 970 from spare parts
Storage: 2x 1TB HDD's, 2x 1TB M.2 970 Evo's
Fans: 1x Noctua NF-A9x14, 1x Intel CPU Fan (what have I done).

Now obviously there's some... questionable things in there and when I get back to europe I'l be improving them, and come to you all for advice.

Price is no object for getting a new GPU and I'm planning on filling that slot with a 2080ti. The question is, which 2080ti would get better cooling performance in this case. I know a lot of people would suggest a blower-style card, but an almost equal or greater number of people say that it doesn't really matter and I should go for more fans.

For me the only real limit here is that it's gotta fit in the case together with either the Noctua NH-L9i aircooler, or preferably the Asetek 645lt with that Noctua NF-A9x14 for the CPU as has been discussed often on these very forums.
Also considering getting a tiny NF A4x10 PWM if I go the AIO route to cool the Motherboard in addition to either crafting or purchasing a full set of custom cables.

Thanks in advance for any advice you could give me.

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
You don't tell us if noise is a problem for you.

Imo, in SFF world, for overall better cooling performance : blower card