Air cooler : enough with 6700k ?

Fazer

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 14, 2019
Hello everyone.

I've found all the parts for my new A4-SFX build but I still struggle with the cooling part.

I have an 6700k (not delidded) and was wondering if an AIO like the Asetek 645LT was really necessary to have good temps. I would love to stay with an air cooler if that's possible.

There are so many options available that I don’t know what to take anymore.. My goal is to stay under 40°C on the desktop and 60/65°C ingame.

I can delid the CPU if it's really necessary.

Thanks.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
No it isn't. Just get the Noctua L9i with 3D printed fan duct. Please consider the thermal guide on dan-cases.com in the FAQ section to lower temps.
I don't know if your 60-65°C aim is possible (with deliding yes) but even if it would be 65-75°C it is still ok.

I found this guy with the same setup. With undervolting he was able to reach your goal in Intel XTU with creates more load than games. Furthermore he didn't used a fan-duct so his heatsink recycle more hot air.

Reactions: Fazer

Fazer

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 14, 2019
No it isn't. Just get the Noctua L9i with 3D printed fan duct. Please consider the thermal guide on dan-cases.com in the FAQ section to lower temps.
I don't know if your 60-65°C aim is possible (with deliding yes) but even if it would be 65-75°C it is still ok.

I found this guy with the same setup. With undervolting he was able to reach your goal in Intel XTU with creates more load than games. Furthermore he didn't used a fan-duct so his heatsink recycle more hot air.

Thanks for the info !

If I decide to go with the Asetek 645LT AIO, do you think that my 60-65°C aim is possible with no delid or undervolt ?