Black OSMI rev. 2 build

Vitamin Moto

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2017
www.youtube.com
I see. No idea though. There isn't any space left for mounting anything, so I would guess it's a manufacturing process thing.

I can see now that your cutouts are different than mine. It could be, that 1070 will fit through the holes. I would wait for the card, before unscrewing bottom plate.

Vitamin Moto

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2017
www.youtube.com
The optical drive mounts like this:

And K888D was right, those holes are for HDD/SSD 2.5" drives.

leonroy

Caliper Novice
Feb 8, 2017
Very cool to think that you can basically fit a Bluray drive, a 2.5", a 3.5" and a M.2 solid state drive into one of these cases. Probably weighs a tonne after everything's squeezed in there though!

Vitamin Moto

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 23, 2017
www.youtube.com
Seems like you have to choose right motherboard to fit these 2.5" drives inside the case. Usually 24 pin power connector goes right below where this 2.5" drive sits. This is not possible with my Asrock Z270 board. In the picture we can see, that 24 pin is at the "top" sort of speak. Also, BigShuriken cooler blocks 24 pin, if it's located at the top, how it is in picture.

With case so small, you have to check and measure everything, before buying stuff :)

Last edited:

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
does the Osmi include an SFX bracket to cover that area if you're using an external PSU? I have the chance to purchase the case for relatively cheap, but I didn't want to spend more just to buy an SFX power supply...

leonroy

Caliper Novice
Feb 8, 2017
does the Osmi include an SFX bracket to cover that area if you're using an external PSU? I have the chance to purchase the case for relatively cheap, but I didn't want to spend more just to buy an SFX power supply...

Nope. Have to get that custom made or just cut a piece of perspex from your local hardware store.

SiG

Trash Compacter
Oct 8, 2017
Where can one aquire one of these cases? They seem to not be available in the United States.

SiG

Trash Compacter
Oct 8, 2017
To the OP, would a Noctua NF-A15 PWM be a suitable substitute for a fan? I'm not sure what kind of mounting holes the OSMI uses for its case fan.