Cooling Best slim 80mm fans?

tzdonvf

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 14, 2019
Does anybody have any experiences with Nidec fans? I've been looking for slim 80mm fans and so far found these 80x15mm and 80x10mm fans. Are they any good? From what I could find pretty ok (compared to other slim 80mm fans) and having a brand-name company known for good products like their gentle typhoon fans is a little reasurring, but I'm worried about that these might be counterfeit or lying about the specs because I couldn't find either of those models on the Nidec website.

The only other slim 80mm fans I've seen mentioned on this site are the Cooler Master Standard fans, which currently are expensive and sleeve-bearing so they won't last long in the orientation I want to mount them, the Akasa 10mm fans which seem noisy, and the Velka 80mm fans which seem both expensive and noisy.

Edit: I've also seen these Dynatron fans but people didn't seem to think they'd be very quiet

Last edited:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I'm using cooler master 80mm slim fan. Unless there's a sudden price increase I'm not aware of, if I recall correctly it's quite cheap.

tzdonvf

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 14, 2019
I'd personally choose the Noiseblocker 80x15. I used one on a small CPU cooler for a long time and it was pretty solid:

probably going to end up going with that one but...$20 for a non-noctua fan stings a little

I'm using cooler master 80mm slim fan. Unless there's a sudden price increase I'm not aware of, if I recall correctly it's quite cheap.

that's true and it seems like a pretty good little fan, but I plan to have the fan horizontal which I've heard is pretty bad for sleeve-bearing fans

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
that's true and it seems like a pretty good little fan, but I plan to have the fan horizontal which I've heard is pretty bad for sleeve-bearing fans

I'm using it horizontally at the bottom of the case. Been almost a year, so far it is running just fine.

Not the best slim fan out there, but it does the job, I guess.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Anyone have any other input on good 80mm slim fans? Some quick searching makes it appear that Cooler Master and Noiseblocker are still the only game in town around the 15mm thick mark. I just assume that once you get into the ultra slim 10mm category they don't perform as well.

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
A&M Solutions and Design LLC
Jul 30, 2018
Anyone have any other input on good 80mm slim fans? Some quick searching makes it appear that Cooler Master and Noiseblocker are still the only game in town around the 15mm thick mark. I just assume that once you get into the ultra slim 10mm category they don't perform as well.

I have 2 PWm 80*10mm fans. Bought from AliExpress I believe. The are loud AF due to the RPM but didn't help with temps at all. (Did a no fan and full speed pushing out air from the bottom to top)