CPU AXP90/R pure copper vs Cryorig C7 CU?

Damprol

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 5, 2020

I've never seen any reviews or benchmarks for this Thermalright cooler before. It looks perfect for a SFF Ryzen build. It's on sale for less than 100 dollars which is still a lot for a CPU cooler, but for a passion project where I'll go the extra mile do you think it's a good choice compared to other <50mm coolers?

yuusou

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2019
I got one of these off of AliExpress for under 40 euros and delivery was pretty quick (for AliExpress standards), took about 2 weeks.
I put it in my AsRock DeskMini A300 which is a very tight squeeze.
The mounting mechanism is pretty shabby as there's no clear "you've tightened it enough and it's equal on all sides" except a bowing motherboard, which you do not want.

I also went down a slightly different route. I used a Noctua fan, A9x14 Chromax.

It did an absolute stellar job keeping my 2400G cool however. Mind you, I haven't changed the fan-curve and so the Noctua got quite rowdy at 2200RPM.

Noice.

Damprol

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 5, 2020
I got one of these off of AliExpress for under 40 euros and delivery was pretty quick (for AliExpress standards), took about 2 weeks.
I put it in my AsRock DeskMini A300 which is a very tight squeeze.
The mounting mechanism is pretty shabby as there's no clear "you've tightened it enough and it's equal on all sides" except a bowing motherboard, which you do not want.

I also went down a slightly different route. I used a Noctua fan, A9x14 Chromax.

It did an absolute stellar job keeping my 2400G cool however. Mind you, I haven't changed the fan-curve and so the Noctua got quite rowdy at 2200RPM.
That's great to hear. 2400g isn't even soldered meaning newer chips can have even better thermal performance.

What kind of clockspeeds were you able to get?

yuusou

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2019
That's great to hear. 2400g isn't even soldered meaning newer chips can have even better thermal performance.

What kind of clockspeeds were you able to get?
I'll be honest I didn't check the clocks. I'm currently in a situation where I don't really have anywhere to put it so I put it away until I can continue on my mod. Next time I bust it out I'll update my bios (no clue what version is on the deskmini) and see what clocks I hit.

Damprol

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 5, 2020
I'll be honest I didn't check the clocks. I'm currently in a situation where I don't really have anywhere to put it so I put it away until I can continue on my mod. Next time I bust it out I'll update my bios (no clue what version is on the deskmini) and see what clocks I hit.
No worries, it's good to know it will atleast work well for stock.