News [AT] Digital Storm announces Project Spark WC STX prebuilt w/MXM

reiserFS

Chassis Packer
Dec 15, 2017
Day 1 buy. Period.
Even counting in customs and international shipping, this will be so glorious and exactly what I was looking for. Finally someone making use of AsRocks STX mobos.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Yeah that is amazing. Kudos to Digital Storm on doing something outside the box. Needs MOAR ARRGEEBEE THOUGH!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Neat. But... how does air get in? I see what looks like a 92mm fan vent at the top, which I assume is exhaust, but there seems to be nowhere for air to come into the case, aside from a tiny area of ventilation holes on the back. Also it looks pretty at first, but what happens over time as dust gets in?

Reactions: Soul_Est

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
I'm just wondering, does a single 120mm Rad will provide good cooling performance for both GPU & CPU?
especially for i5-8600K and i7-8700K overclocked? need to see for review and cooling performance,
anyway, I just love their concept, making sff more compact with liquid cooling

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I'm just wondering, does a single 120mm Rad will provide good cooling performance for both GPU & CPU?
Pretty sure the rad in this is only 92mm. The entire case is 4" (101.6mm) wide, so there's no way a 120mm rad/fan would fit.

Reactions: psycho88

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
Pretty sure the rad in this is only 92mm. The entire case is 4" (101.6mm) wide, so there's no way a 120mm rad/fan would fit.

ah,, I thought it was 120mm Rad, well I was browsing their website, but I can't Find the spec for project spark,
with 92mm rad, i think OCing the CPU and GPU won't be recommended, wish they could sell it as a barebone, for CPU, GPU, LCS,

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
ah,, I thought it was 120mm Rad, well I was browsing their website, but I can't Find the spec for project spark
Anandtech gives the dimensions as 6" x 4" x 12" (152.4 x 101.6 x 304.8mm, or 4.7L).

with 92mm rad, i think OCing the CPU and GPU won't be recommended
That pretty much goes without saying. I think MXM cards are already using binned GPUs that are more efficient than the desktop models, and Digital Storm is probably doing some "tuning" (read undervolting/clocking) on top of that, to keep thermals under control. As a system integrator it's a luxury they have to be able to carefully select and tune parts to min-max performance in a small package like this. Case designers don't get the same luxury, since we basically have to design for worst-case scenarios and lowest common denominators (otherwise people will get upset at you when their parts overheat).

Reactions: Soul_Est

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Literally signed in for the first time in a month to come post this, glad someone else did. Id personally consider buying one of these if the price wasnt as high as I know its going to be lol.

Reactions: Phuncz

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
Anandtech gives the dimensions as 6" x 4" x 12" (152.4 x 101.6 x 304.8mm, or 4.7L).

sorry, I mean the spec for the Liquid cooling system (radiator,fan, pump, waterblock) not the dimension

edited : after watch this video from Linus, now i know, they are using Swiftech for the LCS, my bad

That pretty much goes without saying. I think MXM cards are already using binned GPUs that are more efficient than the desktop models, and Digital Storm is probably doing some "tuning" (read undervolting/clocking) on top of that, to keep thermals under control. As a system integrator it's a luxury they have to be able to carefully select and tune parts to min-max performance in a small package like this. Case designers don't get the same luxury, since we basically have to design for worst-case scenarios and lowest common denominators (otherwise people will get upset at you when their parts overheat).

I forgot about that, u are right, I hope they will sale it in semi barebone, just need the CPU,GPU, LCS, case,
for sodim RAM and M.2 SSD i can buy it in my country, so i think it will make the price cheaper,

Last edited:
Reactions: alamilla