CPU Assistance for building a small EGPU with a A2000

txcb

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 21, 2023
Hey! I just got a good deal on a A2000, and I am looking to build a egpu thing with it. But I want it to be small. So, I also have the guts of a Akitio Node Thunderbolt 3 enclosure:

This takes a PCI 6-pin power input. Is there any small product that can deliver this? The absolute coolest would be some way to go from USB C PD 100W to this.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I'm going to tag @REVOCCASES for this one. I think he already has an eGPU but I can't remember the thread, if not he can probably make you one in about 10 minutes. The man has skills.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hey! I just got a good deal on a A2000, and I am looking to build a egpu thing with it. But I want it to be small. So, I also have the guts of a Akitio Node Thunderbolt 3 enclosure:

This takes a PCI 6-pin power input. Is there any small product that can deliver this? The absolute coolest would be some way to go from USB C PD 100W to this.

USB/PD doesn't work unfortunately because you need 12VDC / 100W

I'd just get a 12VDC power adapter (like below example), cut the original DC barrel connector and replace it with the 6PIN connector.

Reactions: Phuncz and rfarmer

txcb

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 21, 2023
USB/PD doesn't work unfortunately because you need 12VDC / 100W

I'd just get a 12VDC power adapter (like below example), cut the original DC barrel connector and replace it with the 6PIN connector.

Thanks for the feedback, will check it out!

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
You could look into making your own cables if you think you might be doing it again, as its a bit of time and expense to get the tools.

It looks like an adapter might be possible though. Confirm the polarity of the DC barrel of course.

Edit: looks like the one I found is an 8 pin without detachable 2-pin, but afaik the outer two pins could just be removed if it doesn't fit as they are empty/unused.

Last edited: