Motherboard ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac and AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, as much as some of Intel's decisions for X299 just really irk me, the lack of anything close to the X299E-ITX/ac means I'll stick with Intel this round.

Considering how quickly the Biostar board kept selling out though hopefully by the time Ryzen 2 rolls around we'll see the kind of investment into AM4 ITX like we see ASRock does with their X99/X299 ITX and ASUS the Impact line.

Nintenrax

Chassis Packer
Jun 6, 2017
James mentioned above that Asrock stated that the USB ports aren't 3.1 because of limitations on the trace length.

Last edited:

Nintenrax

Chassis Packer
Jun 6, 2017
As much as I'd love to go Intel, their +4 Core parts are just too expensive for me. I really hope some interesting Ryzen ITX boards come through.

Reactions: Jonny727272

Rysen

Trash Compacter
Jan 13, 2017
Yes, the limited number of USB ports is disappointing, but we're not sure that the differently colored ports (including Type-C) on the back are not USB 3.1 Gen2...we think the sales sheet was incorrect and are awaiting to see if there are corrections from ASRock.

Edit: didn't know ASRock got back and they are not Gen2 connections, a bit of a disappointment, indeed.
This is my biggest problem with this board. I don't want to have to buy a dongle besides my case. Gigabyte's board looks worst than this one in multiple things but at least it has a ton of USB ports and that's more important to me. Therefore I will most likely go for gygabyte's board.

darksidecookie

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 1, 2016
As much as I'd love to go Intel, their +4 Core parts are just too expensive for me. I really hope some interesting Ryzen ITX boards come through.
if want to go intel and don't want to spend to much op high amounts of cores/threads you could look into their older xeons (e5-2683 v3 14c// 28t 2ghz base for example) and the asrock x99 itx, these come pretty cheap on ebay especially if you go for an engineering sample but that has its risks.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Despite the shortcomings of the Asrock x370 itx I'm going to go for it. Regarding x370 vs b350 on itx ? Bios options. It was mentioned earlier concerning better oveclocking but I had no p state adjustment options on my b350 Mortar. Just one thing that came to mind. There may be other bios differences that make it worthwhile to go x370. Looks like not too much time to wait!

Clark Hope

Cable Smoosher
Jun 13, 2017
I emailed Asrock in Europe asking for release dates and they reply saying that they will be available for purchase during the second half of July. I know that it's not new information after reading the reddit thread but still....

Reactions: Engr62

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
That's not the final pricing. ASRock won't tell me exactly what it is but they've hinted it'll be very reasonable and $270 would be more expensive than ASRock's highest-end X370 ATX board.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I hope you're right! I am definitely not excited about $205 for a B350 board...
Possibly adding a hundred to get the listing up and as a placeholder? Seems to make the most sense. That or some serious gouging going on. I expect that from some Amazon sellers and such but not the big e stores. Ok hoping anyway.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
If that's the real price, I guess it's back to Intel...

How would that be cheaper...?

For the cost of a R7 1700 (8c/16t) you could get a 4c/8t CPU from Intel, but if you want equal core & thread count, you are looking at a $300 ITM mobo & another 100 bucks or so towards an i9 CPU...

Even though it states USD on the linked website page, I want to believe that is a mistake & is listing CAD...

If this is so, then the B350 mobo should be about 155 bucks...?

Last edited:

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
How would that be cheaper...?

For the cost of a R7 1700 (8c/16t) you could get a 4c/8t CPU from Intel, but if you want equal core & thread count, you are looking at a $300 ITM mobo & another 100 bucks or so towards an i9 CPU...

Even though it states USD on the linked website page, I want to believe that is a mistake & is listing CAD...

If this is so, then the B350 mobo should be about 155 bucks...?

If I went AMD I'd get a 1600 for $200 (I live next to a Microcenter so it's perpetual sales) and then add on the B350 mobo for another 205 totaling just over 400.

If I went Intel I'd go with the i5 7500, about 180 on sale, for both performance but also TDP and then get the Strix H270 mobo for around 150 totaling 330.

Now, if those prices are actually CAD then my math is off and I'd be totally fine going with AMD again. I'm really only into PCs for gaming so I'm not concerned with anything over 4 cores at this point in time.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Just to reiterate, those NCIXUS prices are NOT accurate.

It's likely they're either just copy/paste of the CAD price or they just put the listing up to start building SEO and put the price high so they don't get flooded with pre-orders they're not really in a position to deal with yet.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
If I went AMD I'd get a 1600 for $200 (I live next to a Microcenter so it's perpetual sales) and then add on the B350 mobo for another 205 totaling just over 400.

If I went Intel I'd go with the i5 7500, about 180 on sale, for both performance but also TDP and then get the Strix H270 mobo for around 150 totaling 330.

Not to suggest that $70 is an insignificant amount of dough to save, but you're building two tremendously different systems here.