Motherboard ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac and AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
"The X370 and B350 chipsets support 2x USB 3.1 (10Gb/s) ports and those two rear USB ports are colored for USB 3.1, so the spec sheet could be incorrect. We’ll follow up with ASRock to verify."

Definitely check into that USB 3.1 thing...!

CknSalad

Chassis Packer
Apr 6, 2016
This may sound like a silly question, but is there a major difference between the X370 and B350 for mini-itx? Spec-wise they seem the same pretty much. I am thinking of just getting the AsRock B350 for my Dan A4.

Last edited:

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I can't find a difference for ITX other than the possibility of PCIe bifurcation support on X370.

Reactions: LukeD

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It may just be a way to gauge interest, if the board itself is identical and all it needs is a different chip (X370 or B350) and a different SKU.
Or it might just be because they can scoop more margin from a higher priced model that basically has no extra research costs.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
"The X370 and B350 chipsets support 2x USB 3.1 (10Gb/s) ports and those two rear USB ports are colored for USB 3.1, so the spec sheet could be incorrect. We’ll follow up with ASRock to verify."

Also, if possible, check if either the B350 or X370 motherboards support ECC...?!?

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Or it might just be because they can scoop more margin from a higher priced model that basically has no extra research costs.

I think it's this, people will get the X370 because surely it's better right?

Also, if possible, check if either the B350 or X370 motherboards support ECC...?!?

I should have asked that too and forgot, I'll follow up once I get a reply from the first email.

Moravid

Cable Smoosher
Jun 4, 2017
Do we know if the HDMI is ver 1.4 or 2.0? If it's the latter then I'll just grab Bristol Ridge APU to power my 4k monitor and upgrade once Raven Ridge arrives.

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 7, 2015
I'll probably grab the B350 version as well since it looks like the cooling is the same and I don't need the extra features

kogepathic

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2017
Are there any photos of the bottom of the board?

Also is the WiFi card socketed?

From the photos published it seems like there might be a mini-PCIe x1 slot under the giant metal cover near the WiFi antennas. If so, that would be great news to later upgrade to 802.11ad.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015

The board does NOT have USB 3.1 (Gen 2). But the reason is apparently there are very strict limitations on trace length to use the USB 3.1 off the chipset and it wasn't feasible to implement on this board.

This may sound like a silly question, but is there a major difference between the X370 and B350 for mini-itx?

ASRock says that X370 has better overclocking potential, I believe mainly due to memory.

the possibility of PCIe bifurcation support on X370.

Bifurcation is maybe possible. But they're not going to test it, it's not supported, and if attempting it somehow damages the motherboard it's not their problem.

ECC is supported on both boards.

Do we know if the HDMI is ver 1.4 or 2.0?

1.4b unfortunately.

Anyone got a release date yet?

Soon™

Are there any photos of the bottom of the board?

I don't have any.

Also is the WiFi card socketed?

I'm 99% sure it is. Almost always it's a socketed card underneath that metal cover because mini-PCIe and M.2 wireless cards are so plentiful it'd be dumb to order a custom one that's soldered to the motherboard or something.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
It seems kind of a shame to not support bifurcation on the X370 chipset since the ability to run dual graphics is that chipset's main feature.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, but why spend money validating a feature 0.01% of customers will use?

They didn't outright say it wouldn't work though...

Nintenrax

Chassis Packer
Jun 6, 2017
I must say I'm a little dissapointed in the recently announced Ryzen ITX-boards. The lack of USB 3.1 (and USB ports in general) on the Asrock board and the bad placement of the connectors and the non-Intel LAN chip on the Gigabyte board kinda put me of. Hopefully ASUS or MSI swoop in and bring the best of both worlds.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
The lack of USB 3.1 (and USB ports in general) on the Asrock board

Yes, the limited number of USB ports is disappointing, but we're not sure that the differently colored ports (including Type-C) on the back are not USB 3.1 Gen2...we think the sales sheet was incorrect and are awaiting to see if there are corrections from ASRock.

Edit: didn't know ASRock got back and they are not Gen2 connections, a bit of a disappointment, indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak