Motherboard ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac and AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
As @MarcParis suggests no need to update bios if everything is working fine. “If it plays it stays” is what we say where I work.

Save it for when it’s time for the CPU upgrade.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
So, the best is to stay on this BIOS version unless I buy new CPU 3600?
I totally agree with @TheHig. I have a MSI B450i that I bought for my Ryzen 3600x, I did 3 BIOS updates with no problems. The AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA was finally release and when I tried to flash it bricked the motherboard, I should have left it alone.

Reactions: AV-Gurus

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I totally agree with @TheHig. I have a MSI B450i that I bought for my Ryzen 3600x, I did 3 BIOS updates with no problems. The AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA was finally release and when I tried to flash it bricked the motherboard, I should have left it alone.
That’s so true...hopefully now all new motherboard comes with bios flashback. It happened to me on my crosshair vi hero...hopefully bios flash lack managed to solve issues.

Reactions: rfarmer

EUA

Chassis Packer
Nov 13, 2019
www.samygo.tv
Hello.
I am AsRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac owner that about to implement LLC support to our motherboards.
I need owner of AsRock 370X Gaming-ITX/ac user that runs LINUX to check if my way is correct.

For controlling your motherboard RGB lights from Linux, you can use my library script at https://github.com/EUA/AsrLed
Thanks.

AV-Gurus

Caliper Novice
Nov 13, 2017
av-gurus.blogspot.hr
Does anyone know what is the best place (USB) for connecting an external DAC?
Is there any difference or is it all the same?
Currently connected to USB above the Type-C.

Last edited:

ruddevil

Chassis Packer
Aug 30, 2017
6.50 BIOS has been released for the B350 board. The only changelog states it has the AGESA 1.0.0.4 patch B. Anyone has updated to this version? Interested to know the impact it has with the Matisse boot times and whether it's buggy or stable, considering the amount of negative feedback on AGESA 1.0.0.4 b.

ChinStrap

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2017
I have 1.0.0.4b on my X370 & B450 versions of this board. Boot time is equally as slow on both boards, I can't imagine the B350 version is any different.

Reactions: ruddevil

EUA

Chassis Packer
Nov 13, 2019
www.samygo.tv
I install 6.50 BIOS to my AB350 ITX with Ryzen 1700 @ All core 3.7Ghz.
After 6.30 beta bios, I can say that booting feels like little speedier than before. (No RAM re-training.)

Reactions: ruddevil

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Am4 Socket was launched late 2016. 4 years of support and 3 series of CPUs available for B350/ x370 boards. If AMD did this out of need or want it doesn’t matter as it is terrific for consumers. That is an exceptionally long run in the world of PCs and who knows if it will happen again. If one purchased a decent x370 board at launch with a cheap quad core CPU they could drop in a 16 core beast today and get a decade out of that board or more. Nothing to get too upset about here.

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
Oops. Our MB's left behind for Zen3 support. AMD doesn't want to support B350 and X370 chips. I wish at least AMD release unofficial support and make a one AGESA update for our chipsets. Otherwise I am preparing to open a legal case and sue AMD due consumer rights at my country...

GL with that...

EUA

Chassis Packer
Nov 13, 2019
www.samygo.tv
I think you have very little to base this on legally, as AMD hasn't said that they would support their first gen chipsets on their 4th gen CPUs. AMD said they'll support the AM4 socket (!) until 2020 (link).
My country consumers law order that producers need to support motherboard for 5 years means If there are no technically impossibility, producers need to support their motherboards for 5 years and I can say as a MS Computer Engineer expert wıthness, this support includes to make required software changes on BIOS to run "compatible" CPUs. And yes Zen3 is perfectly compatible with 300 series.

Crazy Pyro

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 19, 2020
I was wondering if I could remove the CMOS reset jumper and boot my PC normally. Is this possible? I'm asking because I want to make my own CMOS Clear button.