Enclosure ASROCK B450 Gaming ATX/AC missaligned shield on MX500 chasis

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
The shield holes are too low and some of the connectors become unusable. I will post a picture when I have a chance.

Has anyone experienced something like that ?

NOKYARD

Trash Compacter
Jul 7, 2018
If you mean the ITX/AC have just built one but it's packed away until i obtain a Ryzen 5 3600X so i can't take a picture. Mine was the same, the connector holes were mis-aligned, but i found there was a small bit of metal between the USB holes which was catching on the motherboard's USB port frames. I used a guitar pic to hold up (or down) the metal bit (it's like a spring) while i wiggled the board into position. If you do it correctly the holes will be perfectly aligned.

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
If you mean the ITX/AC have just built one but it's packed away until i obtain a Ryzen 5 3600X so i can't take a picture. Mine was the same, the connector holes were mis-aligned, but i found there was a small bit of metal between the USB holes which was catching on the motherboard's USB port frames. I used a guitar pic to hold up (or down) the metal bit (it's like a spring) while i wiggled the board into position. If you do it correctly the holes will be perfectly aligned.
Yes, ITX/AC. I will give it a try. Some of the holes work (marginally). Hopefully your tip will solve this problem.

In the mean time, I have run into problems installing Linux Mint on this mobo with a 2200GE and it does not seem to get along with the graphics hardware. I have upgraded BIOS to P1.70. I may go higher, but not sure that is the problem. I am afraid is probely lack of support by the kernel.

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
I finally had the time to reset the motherboard in place. I think the problem were the grounding tabs on the HDMI and display port. One way or another now it is aligned. Thank you again.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
Yes, ITX/AC. I will give it a try. Some of the holes work (marginally). Hopefully your tip will solve this problem.

In the mean time, I have run into problems installing Linux Mint on this mobo with a 2200GE and it does not seem to get along with the graphics hardware. I have upgraded BIOS to P1.70. I may go higher, but not sure that is the problem. I am afraid is probely lack of support by the kernel.
Did you get by the install issue? I have LM installed on a 2400G and it was similar to installing with an Nvidia card, needed to edit grub and add "nomodeset" otherwise a black screen.

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
Did you get by the install issue? I have LM installed on a 2400G and it was similar to installing with an Nvidia card, needed to edit grub and add "nomodeset" otherwise a black screen.
Yes. I posted this thread today. I had to upgrade the kernel to be able to use the graphics component of the processor. Otherways it used software rendering.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
Yes. I posted this thread today. I had to upgrade the kernel to be able to use the graphics component of the processor. Otherways it used software rendering.
Yeah, same thing until after the big first update after 2nd boot then kernel eventually updated to 5.x and amdgpu driver loaded, everything worked on 3rd boot. Still some issues with apps not using hardware decoding unless forced to for 4K HEVC vids(mpv) which really heats the CPU up(VLC still won't play), otherwise all good for vids on Youtube. Unigine gives benchmark numbers similar to windows I've seen.