Discussion ARGB Keyboard lights up, but is not typing

K3nshiro

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 28, 2023
Hi there,

I recently finished a build and from one day to another this (https://www.forgeon.es/clutch/clutch_manual.pdfI) keyboard is not being detected anymore on this build.
To cut it short : Keyboard is detected on any other PC or laptop with its own cable and other USB/USB-C cable (it lights up and types).

I've tried everything I could find through any forums, reddit, youtube stuff. From keeping Escape key pressed to uninstalling from Device Manger, nothing.
Any other USB device is being detected, just not this keyboard, which was detected on first installation.
An extensive post has been opened by me in Reddit here : But I guess it was too long and nobody cares.

I have two mice, a Racer Deathadder and Logitech Gaming one. When I connect them, they appear in Device Manager as HID Keyboard Device and also in "Mice and other pointing device." Each time I connect any USB device, you can hear this : But the Forgeon keyboard just does not get recognized, no connecting sound...nothing.

Could this be a Windows Update that installed some stuff and is creating some sort of conflict ? I know that you can rollback updates, but not sure how to tell which one it was.

Have you ever faced this before ? I know that the keyboard is not malfunctioning, but something on this PC is preventing it from being detected properly.

I've run out of ideas and I'm stuck. Last option would be re-installing all again, not sure if it will solve this issue.
Any hint would be highly appreciated...

Cheers,
Ken

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Wow, that's absurd behaviour! Even ignoring any driver issues, it should show up in device manager, even as an unknown device.

Can you get into BIOS with the keyboard?

Reactions: K3nshiro

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Does it show up in Device Manager if you boot Windows in Safe mode?

Nice lil keyb with a volume wheel btw!

Reactions: K3nshiro

K3nshiro

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 28, 2023
There's an unknown device yes, but no clue what it is, and the driver can not be installed (see the Reddit post), it's that USB Root function controller.
Can't get into Bios with that keyboard, with another one yes.
Two days ago though my son told me that it worked for 5 minutes... Even more odd.

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
You could try this:

In Device manager menu, "Show Hidden Devices"
Delete greyed out devices.
Reboot

Reactions: XNine

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
You could try this:

In Device manager menu, "Show Hidden Devices"
Delete greyed out devices.
Reboot
This should be your first step for sure. It may even show up with a yellow triangle, if so delete that and reboot.