Accessory Multi device keyboards/mice

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Hopefully this won't sound like an advertisement but...I was looking for a keyboard/mouse and had kind of given up on finding a good multi device one. I was checking out a cheap-ish logitech K380 keyboard and realized it had multi device support. Figured I'd check and see if any mice did and found the Logitech MX Master supported 3 devices as well.

Anyways, I ordered both and the build quality is really nice on both of them. I had a Logitech G.....700? (maybe) wired mouse and now have a G602, and the build quality on this MX Master is much much better - not that the G602 was bad.

The K380 keyboard is also pretty nice and super heavy and solid. I'm going to be using them on my home workstation setup so I can switch between my workstation and test bench more easily. Nice that I can use them on my phone if I get bored (it's a 7inch Huawei so it's not that ridiculous to use a keyboard/mouse).

Anyone else have other multi device keyboards/mice they like?

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
What does multi-device mean in this case? That you can connect them to multiple PCs at the same time and switch between them?

Anything you'd want to hook a keyboard up to - instead of a KVM you could just use one multidevice keyboard. A SFF box, your phone, and an Raspberry Pi could all use the same keyboard.

I was actually just looking at one tonight (first time I had heard of it was this thread then I bumped into one at Super Target lol) - looked pretty small and easy to swap devices.

This k480 had a spot to put your phone, was bluetooth, and could connect up to 3 devices with a turn wheel. Gonna check LxWxH when I have time later, took (2) AAAs.

Edit:

Amazon link
  • Height: 7.68 in (195 mm)
  • Width: 11.77 in (299 mm)
  • Depth: 0.79 in (20 mm)
  • Weight: 820 g (1.81 pounds)

Last edited:

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
The K380 I bought is almost the same as the 480 - it just doesn't have the slot for the phone. I thought about getting it but I have a large phone so I put it on a tablet mount. The weight of the K380 is really really heavy. Feels super dense considering how small it is. I think it's a good thing, it doesn't move around when I type on it. I have an Aorus K5 keyboard at work so the K380 also seems super quiet. I think even if I wasn't accustomed to the mechanical keyboard it's still pretty darn quiet. If the battery lasts as long as it says it does, I'll be very happy with it.