GPU Are the 2200GE / 2400GE available retail on the UK ?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
The box is just a render of a generic Ryzen 3 APU box, seemingly used for illustration purposes. Not enough to make me skeptical - but Ebay is :p Likely the seller thought that a picture of a chip in a plastic blister pack wouldn't be exciting enough to sell, though I'd call that a mistake for this market segment. Still, if you're in the market for this and the price is to your liking, why not give it a try? Ebay has pretty decent buyer protection, no?

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
It looks like you can get them from QuietPC as well: https://www.quietpc.com/amd-2nd-gen-ryzen-apus. I've read some bad things about QuietPC, though (on ResellerRatings, for example). The seller in the Ebay link you posted seems reputable, so I'd buy from them if I were in your shoes.

Donut, thank you. The comments about QuietPC out there are not too good - something about overcharging $100 and taking 3 months of battling to get a refund... No I would not order from them.

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
It looks like you can get them from QuietPC as well: https://www.quietpc.com/amd-2nd-gen-ryzen-apus. I've read some bad things about QuietPC, though (on ResellerRatings, for example). The seller in the Ebay link you posted seems reputable, so I'd buy from them if I were in your shoes.

I went to contact the seller and got a message on the eBay interaction saying seller not accepting messages due high volume of sales, and to use a private gmail address. That for me is a red flag. I sent him a direct email asking about the item and he came back saying it is a boxed CPU. He offered significant discount and free shipping to US, obviously bypassing eBay. I think I am going to pass.

Donut

Trash Compacter
Mar 15, 2019
I went to contact the seller and got a message on the eBay interaction saying seller not accepting messages due high volume of sales, and to use a private gmail address. That for me is a red flag. I sent him a direct email asking about the item and he came back saying it is a boxed CPU. He offered significant discount and free shipping to US, obviously bypassing eBay. I think I am going to pass.
Hmm, yeah, that does sound really sketchy. Maybe QuietPC is the better option after all? It looks like many of the complaints about them are from people who placed international orders. Being in the UK like them, you might be okay. You could maybe test the waters a bit by sending them an email to see how responsive they are.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017

Odd he couldn't take the time to answer questions but could magically make time if you would but only email him in a private email lol

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
Hmm, yeah, that does sound really sketchy. Maybe QuietPC is the better option after all? It looks like many of the complaints about them are from people who placed international orders. Being in the UK like them, you might be okay. You could maybe test the waters a bit by sending them an email to see how responsive they are.
I am in the US

Donut

Trash Compacter
Mar 15, 2019
I am in the US
Whoops. Saw the title and assumed. Disregard what I said before, then. I'll keep an eye out for anyone else selling them.

In theory, you should be able to get 2200G or 2400G to operate similar to their -GE counterparts (through undervolting and underclocking). It's a hassle, but it's an option. I've undervolted my 2400G, so I'd be happy to help with that, if you go down that road.

leo67

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 25, 2019
I just bought my second hand 2200GE from this seller on Ebay for 98 USD + shipping
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Ryzen-3-2200GE-3-2GHz-4-Core-DDR4-35W-Socket-AM4-CPUs-Processors/153456522320?_trkparms=ao=1&asc=20140723144412&meid=dbb249293b924f7aba861cd250cee38d&pid=100275&&itm=153456522320&_trksid=p2060778.c100275.m3474
Obviously there is a risk purchasing a used CPU but at least this seller did not try to use a retail box that probably does not exist for illustration purposes. This should fit nicely in my mini-itx HTPC as a fanless CPU with just barely audible case fans.

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
I just bought my second hand 2200GE from this seller on Ebay for 98 USD + shipping
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Ryzen-3-2200GE-3-2GHz-4-Core-DDR4-35W-Socket-AM4-CPUs-Processors/153456522320?_trkparms=ao=1&asc=20140723144412&meid=dbb249293b924f7aba861cd250cee38d&pid=100275&&itm=153456522320&_trksid=p2060778.c100275.m3474
Obviously there is a risk purchasing a used CPU but at least this seller did not try to use a retail box that probably does not exist for illustration purposes. This should fit nicely in my mini-itx HTPC as a fanless CPU with just barely audible case fans.

I saw these last week. I think he had five listed, which matches with his tally. He also has some 2400GEs. Are you in the US? Let us know when you receive it.

leo67

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 25, 2019
I'll let you know. I live in Australia. ETA anywhere between Wed, 08 May and Tue, 04 Jun. Until then I need to finish fixing these annoying but random and episodic "black screens" I get while watching netflix with another HTPC build powered by a 2400G (I am waiting for some good HDMI2 good quality cables among other things). I suspect these built-in GPU issues are multi-factorial in nature considering I used to have hideous "green screens" each and every time I would put the video streaming in full screen, fortunately these are now gone with the updated adrenaline drivers. We'll see how the 2200GE behaves in this regard.

Donut

Trash Compacter
Mar 15, 2019
I just run into this one. It looks like the 2100GE is a rare one. Is it really a 2C or is a 4C?. I would think it is probably just a lower frequency 2200GE.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Ryzen-...570932?hash=item3d89d6f474:g:WYwAAOSwjixcyaGg

This is really interesting. I can't find any information about the 2100GE, aside from some articles published in 2018 saying that it is mentioned in AMD's driver update pages. As far as I can see, the 2100GE still isn't in AMD's product pages.

The only sellers I see for the 2100GE are two Chinese sellers on Ebay (the one you linked to, and another). They are almost certainly linked in some way (maybe the same seller, maybe the same parent company) because the text in the two product pages is identical.

My guess is that the 2100GE is a China-only product (similar to the RX 580 2048) and that it's a rebrand (or very close relative) of the Athlon Pro 200GE, which is also 2 cores and 4 threads at 3.2 GHz.

Edit: The 2100GE isn't on AMD's Chinese product page either. Probably not a China-only product.

Last edited:

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
This is really interesting. I can't find any information about the 2100GE, aside from some articles published in 2018 saying that it is mentioned in AMD's driver update pages. As far as I can see, the 2100GE still isn't in AMD's product pages.

The only sellers I see for the 2100GE are two Chinese sellers on Ebay (the one you linked to, and another). They are almost certainly linked in some way (maybe the same seller, maybe the same parent company) because the text in the two product pages is identical.

My guess is that the 2100GE is a China-only product (similar to the RX 580 2048) and that it's a rebrand (or very close relative) of the Athlon Pro 200GE, which is also 2 cores and 4 threads at 3.2 GHz.

Edit: The 2100GE isn't on AMD's Chinese product page either. Probably not a China-only product.

This page has it as a 4C/4T (not that I understand German)

leo67

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 25, 2019
My AMD 2200GE purchased on eBay arrived on Monday from Hong-Kong. I put it on an a Gigabyte AMD B450 AORUS mini-ITX, (a good mini-ITX Mobo with 2xHDMI + Display port and, for once, a M2/NVME port on top and not underneath the board) inside a Silverstone CS01 case with 2x3.5 HDD as a HTPC/NAS/Video server and everything works like a breeze. Cooling for now is just the 12 cm stock fan of the case blowing vertically and an AMD stock fan on the CPU because I live in tropical country where temp can reach 35-40 Celsius in summer. Everything runs cool (30-40 celcius for the CPU while it is 24 inside) and handles the workload nicely. I am faily sure a pure fanless gig can be done with this CPU with heatsinks such as Arctic Alpine AM4 passive cooler or one of the nofan. Actually, I'd be interested to have feedbak from those who have used passive cooling on thies line of CPUs.