Motherboard Anyone seen this? Udoo Bolt, a maker motherboard with Ryzen SoC

cm.me

Case Bender
Aug 27, 2018
I've only recently come across the Udoo bolt and I'm really interested in becoming a backer.

Does anyone know if you could mount it in an NCASE M1 or Fractal Design Define Nano S? The Udoo Bolt is a nano-itx at 4,7 inch (120 mm) x 4,7 inch (120 mm) and both of the case fit m-itx boards so size isn't a problem but what about mounting postion?

Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I've only recently come across the Udoo bolt and I'm really interested in becoming a backer.

Does anyone know if you could mount it in an NCASE M1 or Fractal Design Define Nano S? The Udoo Bolt is a nano-itx at 4,7 inch (120 mm) x 4,7 inch (120 mm) and both of the case fit m-itx boards so size isn't a problem but what about mounting postion?
Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately Nano-ITX is not a very common form factor and isn't supported by many cases. Being smaller than M-ITX I think you'd only even get one screw in.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

Plus, that's too much case for such a tiny board, unless you hide it beside a short gpu and have it be a game server......

WHAIT. That's a good idea!!!

cm.me

Case Bender
Aug 27, 2018
Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately Nano-ITX is not a very common form factor and isn't supported by many cases. Being smaller than M-ITX I think you'd only even get one screw in.

I thought that would be the case.

Might hangout and see if any other manufacturers release a board like the Sapphire 5 x 5

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I thought that would be the case.

Might hangout and see if any other manufacturers release a board like the Sapphire 5 x 5
Been awhile since I looked but doesn't someone on this forum make a case for nano-itx? Might be I'm thinking Mini-stx. Custom Mod or whoever might be able to hook you up though.