Power Supply Anyone doing custom work on 600w flex psu?

jmsantos1983

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
May 12, 2017
Since Geeek is out of 600w psu I was wondering if anyone is doing costume cable work on the PSU.
I just need to power the motherboard and the GPU that needs 2 8pin connectors.
Thank you for your time and help.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Since Geeek is out of 600w psu I was wondering if anyone is doing costume cable work on the PSU.

I can recommend this guy, I also have some custom Flex psu from him and I'm pretty satisfied.

Maybe tinyitx can help you translate your requirements to Chinese. Or try Google translate.

jmsantos1983

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
May 12, 2017
I can recommend this guy, I also have some custom Flex psu from him and I'm pretty satisfied.

Maybe tinyitx can help you translate your requirements to Chinese. Or try Google translate.

I will take all the help I could get. Tinyitx is on this forum?
Is there a easy way to order from Taobao?
Thank you.

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Dec 30, 2019
I´m so glad I got one. I asked them and answered me in the future they will sell these again

inSparks

Trash Compacter
Jul 29, 2020
Anyone reading this thread fresh needs to be aware that if you are planning to use the Geeek PSU in a smaller case like the K39/Velka 3, that this particular modded 7660B is unlikely to be suitable. In something like the Metalfish S3, it's only just compatible due to the case being a little bit larger.

You can see below that the modular PCB is mounted to the end of the PSU, meaning the cables come out horizontal. This adds quite a lot of extra length, taking into account the connectors, and cable bunching:

Even on the Metalfish S3, it's a very tight fit, due to the internal structure of the chassis. There's a lot of vertical structure in there that impedes the cable connections. You have to work it carefully a little with some of the cables pre-attached in order to get it to fit:

Reactions: Da_Korn