Anybody building a SFF 7900x+ASRock mini-ITX system?

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
While I am a huge fan of the EKWB products, where is the pump/reservoir combo you mention going to fit in the M1 chassis...?!?

This is what i thought about.

Edit:Realized that this would be OUTSIDE, not INSIDE.

Sanders

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 19, 2017
B-l:I have looked at the Compatibility spreadsheet but for AsRock x299E-ITX/AC it is only white. Does that mean "impossible" or "not yet filled-in"?
AK: When you recommend Arctic ...240, does it mean that it is possible to get in? I will probably use a Geforce 1030 graphics card with a cooling fan.

Last edited:

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
I havent seen any NCASE M1 build with Artic freezer 240, but as it has same form factor as any other Asetek AIO, it will 100% fit.
The reason i reccomend is because it comes with 4 fans set up in push/pull and it also 100% is possible to use push/pull on a slim rad in NCASE M1 <EDIT: THIS INFO IS FALSE!!!

The other reason is its performance, performs best becuse of its 4 fans.
Of course, you can buy two more and put them on any other AIO.
99% of AIOs are build either using Asetek or Cooler Master core and they are just painted with different color and are equiped with different fan. So it all comes down to a fan.

You can buy any AIO and put some ML120s, Vardars or GTs and have excellent performance.

And you could make your own either by modifying BeQuiet ones or Alphacool ones as the readiator and CPU block are connected with G1/4 inch fittings or by buying Swiftech Apogee Drive II or that AC pump/cpu block combo.

Could you please tell me what is your budget and are you willing to make a semi-custom loop?

Last edited:

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
B-l:I have looked at the Compatibility spreadsheet but for AsRock x299E-ITX/AC it is only white. Does that mean "impossible" or "not yet filled-in"?

I pointed you towards the Compatibility spreadsheet in regards to the AIO...

As for the X299E-ITX/ac, keep in mind the spreadsheet is updated by the end users of the M1 chassis, so there may not be ay end users who have placed this motherboard into this chassis yet...

But it is a standard ITX motherboard, so there really should not be any issue with placing it in the M1 chassis...

AK: When you recommend Arctic ...240, does it mean that it is possible to get in? I will probably use a Geforce 1030 graphics card with a cooling fan.

I havent seen any NCASE M1 build with Artic freezer 240, but as it has same form factor as any other Asetek AIO, it will 100% fit.
The reason i reccomend is because it comes with 4 fans set up in push/pull and it also 100% is possible to use push/pull on a slim rad in NCASE M1

Negative, this is totally false information...

From the NCASE M1 website, Compatibility tab...

Recommended maximum thickness of radiator+fans: 60mm (85mm total available between side bracket and SFX bracket)

The AIO you are suggesting is 38mm thick, add four 25mm thick fans (push/pull) and you are at 88mm thickness for the AIO...

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Negative, this is totally false information...

From the NCASE M1 website, Compatibility tab...

Recommended maximum thickness of radiator+fans: 60mm (85mm total available between side bracket and SFX bracket)

The AIO you are suggesting is 38mm thick, add four 25mm thick fans (push/pull) and you are at 88mm thickness for the AIO...
Ahhhh, dang it. While i was writing the comment i was looking at a spread sheet with multiple AIOs listed. So i mixed the numbers. I read that the radiator thickness is 27mm *facepalm*.:(:(:(
Sorry for wrong info.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Ahhhh, dang it. While i was writing the comment i was looking at a spread sheet with multiple AIOs listed. So i mixed the numbers. I read that the radiator thickness is 27mm *facepalm*.:(:(:(
Sorry for wrong info.

Even at 77mm, it would be quite thick for the 85mm space provided; remember, 60mm is the recommended thickness of fans & radiator...

Gotta give the AIO room to breathe, and 8mm is not sufficient room for same...

The VAST majority of water-cooling (AIOs or custom loops) builds you see in a M1 chassis keep to a single set of fans in push or pull...

Last edited:
Reactions: AleksandarK

Sanders

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 19, 2017
Thank you all for the comments! A-K: You mentioned Alphacool Eispack as an alternative. My friend Jonathan, who is the expert and who does the planning, building, testing etc., came up with the idea Alphacool Eisbear 240. As I will use MSI Geforce 1030 passive graphics card, there may be space enough to add an 120 mm fan to the loop to try to improve the cooling of the 7980XE. Has anybody any experience or comment of this extended cooling loop build?

Sanders

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 19, 2017
I just got the information that the pump of Alphacool Eisbaer was dimensioned to manage an added 120 mm radiator! So capacity-wise there should be no problem. I have ordered all components except the AsRock X299E-ITX/AC motherbord and the cooler. The mobo should appear in first half of October, shouldn't it?

Sanders

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 19, 2017
Hi again,
I have now got my NCASE N1 V5 equipped with an AsRock X299E-ITX/ac motherboard and a 7980XE cpu. Cooling is obtained via a modified Alphacool 240+120. The connections to and from the cpu cooler were changed from straight to 90 degrees bent. Also the fan above the motherboard was removed. By using the GEFORCE GT 1030 passively cooled graphics card I had the millimeters on my side.
The PSU is a Corsair SF600, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3GHz and a Samsung 960 PRP M.2 512 GB hard disk. I also had to sacrifice the front audio and USB contacts.
The system has been run 12h at 4 GHz with all cores working with no problem yet.
Thanks guys again for advicing me to choose NCASE and the GT 1030. That made success possible. Jonathan, who made the design, was very impressed by the NCASE!

Reactions: HeroXLazer

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I will take some photos soon. Do I use the image icon to load the pictures?

The image icon will give you a field to enter the URL of your image to, but it will not allow you to upload directly from your computer, so you have to upload your images to the Internet, most folks use Imgur...