Log Another Dual-Loop FormD T1 v2

m3lezZ

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 4, 2021
Hello to the round and Merry Christmas,
I hope you all have a few nice days.

Here again something from me, I moved my hardware from the Dan H2O in the FormD T1 and installed a dual radiator. Unfortunately, the v2 does not quite work with the space and the mount, so it was a lot of tinkering.

The plan here was to attach the second radiator with the mount on the side of the MB. During the first "test" of the radiators, I unfortunately found that the Black Ice 240 GTS can not be used as a top radiator, because it is too wide. The challenge was to now get this onto the side mount. - This did not work, from the width it would have fit, but here the thickness was too strong even with Slim fan, so I could not attach the mount.
I then tried the XSPC, unfortunately it doesn't fit either, even with only one fan it presses against the I/O fairing of the MB. And less than 1.5 slots I could not choose on the GPU side unfortunately, otherwise I would not have got the tubes around.

Solution at the end was a second XSPC rad and mount it on the gpu-side.

I have written a detailed article in german here.

m3lezZ

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 4, 2021
After a few days and warzone sessions with the guys, the temperatures and volume of the build were too high for me and I decided to make more changes and started planning adjustments and testing small things.

In the first step, I turned the fans on the side from intake to outtake to get the warm air away from the GPU. Unfortunately, this had always resulted in high temperatures on the GPU after 2.3 hours. Meanwhile, the CPU temps always remained good. Therefore, I also decided to turn the top radiator to outtake. In order to supply the radiator with enough air, I had to rethink the cable management and also came to the conclusion that the hoses (16/10) also restrict the air supply.

Therefore, new hoses had to be made, or thinner, with SFFB unfortunately not an easy consideration, because thinner hoses often kink quickly.
On Reddit I was then found when someone recommended the TPV 12.7/7.6 tube from AC. To that end, I rethought the routing of the tubing and without further ado replaced the Crossflow XSPC with a regular XSPC 240 Ultrahin.

In search of a solution for cable management, I first ordered a set of "premium cables" from Corsair, which according to research should be more flexible than the default cables. Unfortunately, this was not so and these went back with it.
After a longer search I found the products of Endgame-Customs. They offer special cable sets for many SFF cases, which simplifies the cable management extremely.

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
There's quite a few like-minded people on the SFF Gurus Discord, quite a few dual rad T1 builds there too, a lot of them even using 6/8mm tubing and pneumatic fittings, can join it at: https://discord.gg/sffgurus
The tubing above the PSU going into the rad looks a bit pinched, I'd be worried about that to be honest!

Reactions: NRG

m3lezZ

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 4, 2021
What about flipping the PSU? That should open up some room for you in terms of the tubing.
I tried, but then the cables for 4+4 CPU does not fit. They are precisely tailored for this structure.

m3lezZ

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 4, 2021
There's quite a few like-minded people on the SFF Gurus Discord, quite a few dual rad T1 builds there too, a lot of them even using 6/8mm tubing and pneumatic fittings, can join it at: https://discord.gg/sffgurus
The tubing above the PSU going into the rad looks a bit pinched, I'd be worried about that to be honest!
Thanks for the hint, did see this. I will fix this.

Reactions: ScottSimply

m3lezZ

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 4, 2021
Currently the temps are not as good as I expected with two radiators, I guess it's just to less for a 5900X and 6900XT. I will move my components in the next weeks in the ncase m1 and switch from 6900XT to 4090 for space reasons.

I'll keep you updated.

Reactions: thelaughingman