Log Custom-Loop RTX 4090 + 5900x in the NCase M1

m3lezZ

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 4, 2021
Hello great community,
long time no see, unfortunately, I was so busy at work that builds and articles had to take a back seat.
In between the long workdays, I always found some time in the evening to play a few rounds in Warzone 2 with the guys. Sadly the noice level of the system (Antoher Dual Radiator Loop FormD T1) and the temperatures of the CPU and GPU were not as good as I expected. Originally, it was my plan to take a second run at the build in T1 after switching to a 4090 with what is probably currently the smallest waterblock for the card. In the time in which the parts for the build arrived gradually with me, I was able to buy a Ncase M1 and some associated parts on Ebay cheap.

Due to the 5l more in the case it was a easy task to build the hardware into the new case. There were no problems and everything fit into the case as planned. The only thing that didn't fit was the GPU with the water block on board. The m.2 cooler blocked here, so it had to be removed and the m.2 is installed on the board without a heat sink.

What would have saved me a lot of space and fiddling in the T1, was in the M1 my pain. Since the terminals are installed in the back of this block, it became a real test how the loop with 2 radiators should fit cleanly into the housing. I tried it at the beginning with the T1 proven TPV 12.7/7.6 tubes from AC, which were not suitable for such tight bends and angles as I have installed here. Therefore, after some back and forth came the change to 16/10 tubes and fittings.

For easy integration of the top radiator, I used a quick disconnect from Alphacool here. The fans of both radiators are installed in such a way that they draw cool air into the case and dissipate the heat to the outside. This way, the voltage converters and the RAM are always supplied with cool air and there is no heat buildup in the case.

When the 4090 arrived, I had some problems keeping the system stable in idle. Over the course of several days of troube shooting, I had ordered a stronger power supply for it. Since very flexible cables massively simplify the build process and allow for better cable management, I got a custom set for the CM 850W from ModDIY.
The length of 40cm is perfect for builds in the NCase M1 and due to the high flexibility of the silicone cables, they can be very well organized and hidden directly under/behind the PSU, so it is very easy to use the PSU later.

Since I had already tried years ago on a build in the beautiful NCase, which was unfortunately disassembled again because of a too wide GPU, I could now finally realize this. Even if the side panel does not fit due to the 16-pin cable for the GPU again.
But don't despair, soon a new build in the good old DAN H2O will follow. I'm looking forward to some changes.

For a more detailed look and links for the used parts you can view then at the blog of a friend and me: