Concept An open-air mini-ITX version of the Open Benchtable

Would you be interest into this case/benchtable ?

• Yes, definetly

• No, don't think so

• I ended up here from google and have no clue what's going on !

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
You have been served :

ahahahah :D
Eurgh I need an 8K monitor, picture is too blurry.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Oh shit red. Is that going to be available at launch and, if so, when is launch?! Just for the record, I will have to hold your prototype unit hostage until you can assure me that I have a red unit reserved ;)

Trouffman

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Open Benchtable
XWORKS
Gold Supporter
Feb 24, 2017
launch is... imminent !

There will be limited quantity at launch, so you will have to be fast :D (especially on red !)

TinyAudio

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 9, 2017
I know this may be a contradiction in an open case. Can you link any particularly good builds from the larger OBT?

Trouffman

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Open Benchtable
XWORKS
Gold Supporter
Feb 24, 2017
Now that it is live I would like to thanks everyone in this thread and by PM for the feedback and suggestions.

All the technical specs and announcement are available on the Blog section on the OBT site.

I am really looking forward to get feedback of end-users now :)

Goose1981

Chassis Packer
Sep 24, 2017
So i switched my rig from my maaaaaaaaasssssiiivve old case onto the regular sized OBT that arrived at mine couple weeks back. Absolutely love it... but when mounting a fan vertically to draw air away from over the CPU area i managed to strip the head off a screw! Completely my own fault, lost focus (watching a TV show while tinkering and forgot i didn't need to tighten the hell out of it!). All good though, an emergency cable-tie came to the rescue and all is happy and running away. I'll probably have a crack at drilling (with a very small drill!) the lost thread out when i switch to my new build later on, or not as it isn't really an issue for my setup. :-)

Can't wait for the mini version to arrive!

Goose1981

Chassis Packer
Sep 24, 2017
Hey @Goose1981, sorry to hear, you are one of the first to break something up oO Also we announced few days ago the Screw Kit is up for grabs as well (extra screws and standsoff)
It's all good. It was completely my own fault not paying attention and (stupidly) doing so whilst using a screwdriver when i should have been taking advantage of the tool-less features. Nothing at all wrong with the quality of the gear!

I've got an order in for the screw kit along with my mini order as well.. so way ahead of you there! :-)

Reactions: Trouffman

Trouffman

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Open Benchtable
XWORKS
Gold Supporter
Feb 24, 2017
heads up I received mine today - Will do an unboxing this friday atfer the OC Show on the /overclockingtv twitch.tv channel (5PM EST) , any questions are welcome he or there :D

Goose1981

Chassis Packer
Sep 24, 2017
My black edition arrived. It's so tiny (obviously)! Have moved my rig from the larger version i was using to this and it's great! :-)

Reactions: Trouffman

Goose1981

Chassis Packer
Sep 24, 2017
Unfortunately not! I work FIFO to a mine site in remote Western Australia and had to head out just after i finished setting everything up... as soon as i got on the plane i realized i had forgotten to take a few pictures for uploading while out here!

I get back to civilization in a week and will put some up then (i put a note in my calendar to remind me when i touched back down!). :-)

Goose1981

Chassis Packer
Sep 24, 2017
OK, so i have some pictures, but never having put images up on this forum software before i've no idea how to display them. What's the easiest method?

EDIT: uploaded them to a public gallery on IMGUR. Can you post links here? Let me know if this works or not:
EDIT2: Ooo, looks like it does work! Please go easy on the cable management situation, this was literally thrown together before i left to catch a plane to work! :-D

Last edited: