Concept An open-air mini-ITX version of the Open Benchtable

Would you be interest into this case/benchtable ?

• Yes, definetly

• No, don't think so

• I ended up here from google and have no clue what's going on !

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trouffman

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Open Benchtable
XWORKS
Gold Supporter
Feb 24, 2017
As for now only the ATX version is offered with 2 other colors. And that is a limited run :)

For th Mini-ITX nothing I could commit to as of today.

Trouffman

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Open Benchtable
XWORKS
Gold Supporter
Feb 24, 2017

It's real !

Trouffman

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Open Benchtable
XWORKS
Gold Supporter
Feb 24, 2017

Source : OpenBenchtable News

More infos :
- This is the V1.0 prototype, which means we are still gathering feedback about it. The design could change but this is extremely unlikely and seems to be limited to a few adjustment
- As of now there is no MSRP nor available date for release, the project is moving forward, so expect news in the coming weeks/months

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Sorry we didn't catch you at Computex @Trouffman as we really would have liked to have seen the Mini OBT. We tried to go up to the Streamcom suite on the last day, but timing just didn't pan out. Just for clarification, are you selling the OBT and Mini OBT in addition to Streamcom (who I presume you're partnering with)?

Reactions: ricochet and Phuncz

Trouffman

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Open Benchtable
XWORKS
Gold Supporter
Feb 24, 2017
Too bad indeed !
The Open Benchtable is basically a joint project between OverClocking-TV, HWBOT & Streacom. Streacom, while part of the design team, is also the only official commercial manufacturer. Still all the schematics are open-source for anyone to build on it.

So you can buy the unit on opencbenchtable.com (which support directly the community effort) thoses are the OBT / OBT mini, while Streacom sell the commercial version (exactly the same) as BC1 & BC1Mini through e-tailers :) - Theses products are the same but the OBT gets more back to the community :)

McTeags

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2017
While I do not think that I personally have a practical use for this product, I think it's a great idea and it looks stunning. If I didn't travel with my computer so often I would just consider getting one of these and having it chill on my desk.

This may not be the proper place to ask this, but if I take four motherboard standoffs, screw them into wood and mount an ITX motherboard on top do you foresee me running into any issues?

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
While I do not think that I personally have a practical use for this product, I think it's a great idea and it looks stunning. If I didn't travel with my computer so often I would just consider getting one of these and having it chill on my desk.

This may not be the proper place to ask this, but if I take four motherboard standoffs, screw them into wood and mount an ITX motherboard on top do you foresee me running into any issues?
Many have done exactly this, either horizontally sat upon a desk/bench or hung vertically upon a wall... but there are just a few safety concerns to be aware of (e.g. small hands and paws; liquid spills; and other potential shocks); you will need to ensure proper electrical grounding; and of course more routine cleaning (vacuuming) of dust and other life particles fallen upon a very open (exposed) system.

Reactions: McTeags

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Ah, was busy and couldn't catch you live. Will try to watch the VOD later.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Cool product...!

Looking forward to a full build video with the proper ITX-sized components...