Discussion AMD's new MICRO ITX platform

|||

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015

Did anybody else catch AMD referring to mini-ITX as "MICRO ITX" at 12:45 in their platform video? I know many people make this mistake, but you'd think a major component manufacturer would know better than to flub a major form factor.

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
Yep, I caught that as well. When I saw the first few slides with ATX and Micro-ATX I thought "I doubt they'll even mention Mini-ITX..."

Then the next slide popped up with "Micro-ITX", and I just thought to myself "well, getting it incorrect is even worse than forgetting about it..."

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Note that they say Micro ATX, not ITX. The board looks a bit bigger than mini itx. Maybe they are thinking about a small form factor that can be used with threadripper.

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
Note that they say Micro ATX, not ITX. The board looks a bit bigger than mini itx. Maybe they are thinking about a small form factor that can be used with threadripper.
No, it says "Micro ITX" right after "Micro ATX". It was meant to be a super basic demonstration that their cards can fit into any form factor (ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX), unlike the new Nvidia cards that are a lot larger than standard. They just messed up.