News AMD X570 ITX Motherboards

So we have 1 confirmed so far:

The Crosshair VIII Impact is the ITX variant.

I'm hoping here that Asus think Zen 2 is amazing enough to revive Enthusiast class Impact boards and not offer us neutered versions like the Strix garbage they've been peddling for the last few years!

B550 boards are "speculated" to appear around 6 months after X570.

Last edited:

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Yeah I don't care about CPU support, as it doesn't really mean anything. I'm talking in terms of if the USB ports will work, sound, bluetooth, etc.
Usb, sound might still be possible if you're willing to hunt and try the drivers and their versions. Bluetooth, yeah naw.. But the problem is usb for input when you're installing win7 - I bet it won't work unless on 300 series. If you can find mobos with ps/2 ports that would be the best bet.

In short, if you really need win7, try 300 series with ps/2 port(s).

Edit: or, make a win7 unattended install.

OtackKulandinglar

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
I'm kind of coming around on the Gigabyte board over getting the MSI B450i since it seems a MAX version won't be coming out and it gives me the option of two m.2 slots while keeping full PCIe x16 lanes if I do...

Reactions: scatterforce

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
Ah screw it. I got a $10 promo card, $18 savings if you bundle with a 3600 at Newegg, and 3% cash back ends in two hours or something from Ebates. I'm going in on the Gigabyte.

For the US there is that as well. In the EU we get £30 in Steam vouchers.

I really dont NEED it but I really want to build around the Gigabyte Itx x570 board. Love Level 1

I wanted this board as soon as I saw it, the buildzoid vid sealed it and I had one on day one (well the Monday actually hehe)
I've lived with it for almost 2 weeks now, it doesn't crash, do anything it shouldn't,.(user error aside) The bios is easy to work with (much better than their clunky bios's from previous platforms)
With one NVME drive installed (currently) I've never heard the PCH fan, and with the latest bios there are fan profiles for it or you can even turn it off.
With the PCH fan off, the NVME drive does not get hot and the PCH hovers around 60c
I have a 2tb drive to put in the rear slot when I get the build finalised, that may change things.

Any rumours of X570 crazy power draw are all bullshit, at 8-10w PCH draw it's not terrible at all.
I've had a powertuned 3600 in the board with a Zotac 1660ti and seen total system power draw of 180w gaming. That's insanely good for a 1440p capable (just) system.
I've also run it with a 3700x and 2080ti just to see the big numbers.
I'm now working on powertuning the 3700x in it and final gfx card for the build is as yet undecided. I'm tempted to sell my RTX cards and just run the 1660ti until Nvidia get to 7nm, or we see more Power efficient RDNA cards (56xx cards perhaps)

It's honestly one of the best ITX boards I've ever used (I've had them all in my hands at various points). It's server grade and oozes quality. It weighs a ton with huge VRM and cooling. You just know this is going to take the "BIG" CPU upgrades as long as AMD keep supporting the platform (till 2021 probably with DDR5)
You really aren't going to get any more out of Zen 2 with the Asus and Asrock boards, (unless you want a specific feature such as TB3 on the Asrock, or more fan headers on the Asus boards perhaps) there is really no point in holding out for them. Build now and enjoy it !!!

These boards are vastly overspecced, with Zen 2 you reach silicon / thermal limits way before you ever need anything as overkill as these boards are.
Current Ryzen 3xxx could also be bad bins with Rome and TR3 taking all the good binned chiplets (for now).
It's early days and we might see better silicon later on !!!

Building for myself I honestly don't care what things cost.
Building for someone on a budget I'd choose a B450 board (B550 later down the line)

Last edited:

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
From r/AMD: "Update from ASRock support about their ITX board! Due in early August."

---

I would wager ASUS's ROG Strix X570-I Gaming and ROG Crosshair VIII Impact will also be releasing around the same timeframe to keep pace with ASRock and their other competitors.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
I don't feel too interested in the Asus offerings this time, but will reserve judgement until reviews are out. Several small fans and the sagging M.2 "board" on the Impact turns me off.

TheArkratos

Caliper Novice
Mar 26, 2019
Not sure if any of the x570 will support Win 7, I have a MSI B450i and it supports Win 7.

Edit: Appears only works with * To support Windows® 7 64-bit, you must install an AMD Pinnacle Ridge & Summit Ridge CPU.

Btw you could just run a linux host and then Windows 7 in a VM with GPU passthru. Then it doesn't matter what hardware is in the host because the host will have the appropriate tools/drivers to run it.

Reactions: annasoh323

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I am found these two charts very informative about current output capability and general functionality of these X570 motherboards:
Hey @Hifihedgehog - may I suggest removing the embeds of the sheets and providing a link? Those loading this page on desktop are getting crushed loading them and I can't imagine how bad it must be on mobile.

Mod edit: @Hifihedgehog reports this has been fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoulTribunal

Caliper Novice
May 19, 2019
Does anyone know what kind of header is the chipset sys_fan2 header on the Gigabyte x570i? The layout is standard 4pin but I've never seen this style of fan header before. It looks like it would belong in something like a laptop rather than a normal motherboard.

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
Does anyone know what kind of header is the chipset sys_fan2 header on the Gigabyte x570i? The layout is standard 4pin but I've never seen this style of fan header before. It looks like it would belong in something like a laptop rather than a normal motherboard.

It's still a functional 4 pin PWM, it just uses a different connector style. I guess mostly to stop people from trying to use the header for ordinary fans and burning up their PCH / NVME drive not really knowing what they are doing with the platform. Some protection from "misuse", understandable.

Last edited:

Obakemono

Trash Compacter
Jan 20, 2019
Who here has a 3d printer? One could make an adapter and slots into the 30mm fan hole on that Gigabyte heatsink and then make a 40-50mm fan adapter like a funnel for it.

TheArkratos

Caliper Novice
Mar 26, 2019
Who here has a 3d printer? One could make an adapter and slots into the 30mm fan hole on that Gigabyte heatsink and then make a 40-50mm fan adapter like a funnel for it.

I don't have a 3d printer, but I have a CNC machine, after quake con I plan on working on either making an adapter or CNC-ing a new Heatsink top. I don't expect to have that done for at least a month though....

Reactions: Elerek

Obakemono

Trash Compacter
Jan 20, 2019
If you can make the heat sink taller and inbed a 40mm fan in it that would be interesting to see. From the looks of it all that holds the top to the bottom are those two screws. I think finding a blank plug for the PWM header should be easy since those are standard items (just finding the source for them online is a nightmare) As soon as Newegg gets them back in stock I am buying one.

Reactions: Hifihedgehog