News AMD X570 ITX Motherboards

So we have 1 confirmed so far:

The Crosshair VIII Impact is the ITX variant.

I'm hoping here that Asus think Zen 2 is amazing enough to revive Enthusiast class Impact boards and not offer us neutered versions like the Strix garbage they've been peddling for the last few years!

B550 boards are "speculated" to appear around 6 months after X570.

Last edited:

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
You misunderstand me entirely. I was talking about price differentials between ITX and ATX/mATX boards in the same series, i.e. the notion that ITX will be cheaper (within its market segment) because it's smaller. That was the claim made in the post I responded to, which in my experience has never, ever been true. ITX is typically at price parity with ATX parallels despite less features due to less board space. Price differentials between series is another matter entirely.
Thank you for the reply. True! Price differences do exist for different product lines within the product stacks. It is refreshing to see you and others putting the common misconception that ITX is cheaper to rest. That is why we do not commonly see ITX boards under $100, for example, unless there are significant compromises in VRM quality or count. As for feature sets, if an ITX board and an ATX board have the same features sans slots and expansion, it is completely logically to expect the pricing to be in the same ballpark or at parity with each other.

Reactions: Valantar

FCase

SFF Lingo Aficionado
FCase
Dec 20, 2015
Last edited:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Biostar itx board
The ITX board in the picture in that post is a low end board with an integrated Carrizo APU, not an X570 board. It's the A10N-8800E. Even the notoriously terrible WCCFTech was pretty clear that only the ATX board pictures was thought to be an X570 board.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
Buildzoid reviews asrock boards. No itx board though. I find it odd that the itx board isnt even on their website. maybe asrock is making changes to the board?

Last edited:

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Any idea if the fan on the AORUS X570 I Pro WiFi can be replaced? If so what size?

I don't know if it's meant to be user replaceable, but the fan housing (shroud? whatever it's called) looks removable.
The fan by itself is a little under 30mm in diameter (~27mm -blade to-blade, non-precise measurement with a ruler, with the board under plastic). I'm tempted to remove it, but I don't have all my parts in yet, so I can't check temps or noise. I would love to replace it or 3D print a replacement housing with a baby Noctua fan (40mm).

EDIT: Confirmed. Easy remove two screws, the fan housing comes off and it's just the heatsink - or bottom half of the heatsink, I should say, as the fan housing is also metal and likely transferring some of that heat - and m.2 slot underneath left on the motherboard. Able to look at fan unit and not just the blades now, it's a 30mm, at least by frame size (30mm x 30mm). Everflow R123510BM, 0.18AMP. Oddly, it's listed under the "35 x 35 x 10mm" section (nevermind, I'm dumb: it's listed under both sizes) of Everflow's datasheet. It's just a few more bracketed screws and tape attaching the Everflow and its cable, respectively, to the assembly so it's an easy removal process to get rid of the stock fan to replace it with another 30mm or cool the chipset passively.

40mm Noctua (NF-A4x10 FLX) should be a massive improvement - at least for noise, though on paper the airflow also looks like good upgrade; I'm going to 3D print an adapter after I get the fan, and use it if it turns out okay.

Stock fan (Evercool 30mm): 31 dB(A), 2.50 CFM, 2.99 mm H2O static pressure, 7500 RPM
Noctua 40mm: 17.9 dB(A) [12.9 dB(A) with the Low-Noise Adapter], 4.83 cfm (3.89 cfm with LNA), 1.78 mm H2O static pressure, 4500 RPM (3700 RPM with LNA)

Unsurprising that 30mm fans are noisy little bastards - it's their nature, they can't help it :D - but just going to 40mm is a surprising jump. Virtually silent, judging by specs and Newegg reviews.

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I don't know if it's meant to be user replaceable, but the fan housing (shroud? whatever it's called) looks removable.
The fan by itself is a little under 30mm in diameter (~27mm -blade to-blade, non-precise measurement with a ruler, with the board under plastic). I'm tempted to remove it, but I don't have all my parts in yet, so I can't check temps or noise. I would love to replace it or 3D print a replacement housing with a baby Noctua fan (40mm).

EDIT: Confirmed. Easy remove two screws, the fan housing comes off and it's just the heatsink - or bottom half of the heatsink, I should say, as the fan housing is also metal and likely transferring some of that heat - and m.2 slot underneath left on the motherboard. Able to look at fan unit and not just the blades now, it's a 30mm, at least by frame size (30mm x 30mm). Everflow R123510BM, 0.18AMP. Oddly, it's listed under the "35 x 35 x 10mm" section (nevermind, I'm dumb: it's listed under both sizes) of Everflow's datasheet. It's just a few more bracketed screws and tape attaching the Everflow and its cable, respectively, to the assembly so it's an easy removal process to get rid of the stock fan to replace it with another 30mm or cool the chipset passively.

40mm Noctua (NF-A4x10 FLX) should be a massive improvement - at least for noise, though on paper the airflow also looks like good upgrade; I'm going to 3D print an adapter after I get the fan, and use it if it turns out okay.

Stock fan (Evercool 30mm): 31 dB(A), 2.50 CFM, 2.99 mm H2O static pressure, 7500 RPM
Noctua 40mm: 17.9 dB(A) [12.9 dB(A) with the Low-Noise Adapter], 4.83 cfm (3.89 cfm with LNA), 1.78 mm H2O static pressure, 4500 RPM (3700 RPM with LNA)

Unsurprising that 30mm fans are noisy little bastards - it's their nature, they can't help it :D - but just going to 40mm is a surprising jump. Virtually silent, judging by specs and Newegg reviews.
So based on the measurements that Der8auer took while putting the X570 under load (chipset uses less than 10W) it should be safe, if your case has plenty of airflow across the board, to replace the whole fan assembly with a big chipset heatsink, something like this. Especially for the Gigabyte board, where you're losing a fan header to the chipset fan, this could be a worthwhile mod. Can anyone (@CountNoctua) take pictures of the motherboard with the entire fan/heatsink assembly removed, and then pictures of the underside of the heatsink/fan module?
If your M.2 drive isn't sitting directly over the chipset, this should be possible, but I'd want visual confirmation before making a strong recommendation.

EDIT: Fixed duplicate link @NinoPecorino

Last edited:

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
So far I've only found one video on Youtube which shows the heatsink off. There was a website which had images of the heatsink of the off with pics of the fan and everything. Frustratingly I can't seem to find it again.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
So based on the measurements that Der8auer took while putting the X570 under load (chipset uses less than 10W) it should be safe, if your case has plenty of airflow across the board, to replace the whole fan assembly with a big chipset heatsink, something like this. Especially for the Gigabyte board, where you're losing a fan header to the chipset fan, this could be a worthwhile mod. Can anyone (@CountNoctua) take pictures of the motherboard with the entire fan/heatsink assembly removed, and then pictures of the underside of the heatsink/fan module?
If your M.2 drive isn't sitting directly over the chipset, this should be possible, but I'd want visual confirmation before making a strong recommendation.
both those links go to the der8auer video.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
@CountNoctua - Would the Noctua 40x10mm fit? Is there enough room for it?

Also does anyone have any photos (or a link to an article) that shows the fan housing?

Can anyone (@CountNoctua) take pictures of the motherboard with the entire fan/heatsink assembly removed, and then pictures of the underside of the heatsink/fan module?

Sorry, would have posted earlier but didn't have my camera/phone with me.
@Analogue Blacksheep no, a 40mm wouldn't be able to fit as is, the slot is only designed to accommodate 30mm.

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
@Analogue Blacksheep no, a 40mm wouldn't be able to fit as is, the slot is only designed to accommodate 30mm.

Barf, so there's another heatsink under there, and that's where the chipset is. Which means you can't just put a big heatsink on the chipset or you lose the M.2 slot. Lame.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018

THANK YOU

These were the photos I was looking for. Now I gotta ask; does the NVME drive rest on top of that heatsink, or is there space? If there is a gap, would something like this fit in that gap? Using a beefy M.2 heatspreader and a thermal pad to sink it to the chipset should keep everything nice and cool.

SoulTribunal

Caliper Novice
May 19, 2019
I wonder could you not just ditch the top half of the heatsink completely and mount a 40mm fan to the bottom half? The top half does get pretty warm but I'd imagine a larger fan would make up for the difference ?. It would only be able to use one mounting screw but that should be fine...

THANK YOU

These were the photos I was looking for. Now I gotta ask; does the NVME drive rest on top of that heatsink, or is there space? If there is a gap, would something like this fit in that gap? Using a beefy M.2 heatspreader and a thermal pad to sink it to the chipset should keep everything nice and cool.

There is a gap to prevent shorting out the NVME drive and accommodate NVME drive heatsinks. I don't have measurements but yes in theory you could fit a low profile heatsink underneath, though I'd imagine connecting a drive to it via thermal pad would just make the NVME run hotter than if you let it float overtop as it currently does.

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
Got my X570I Gigabyte board yesterday. No hope for me on the XMP profile, had to put in the frequency, voltage, and timings in manually. Using a Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB x 2 kit at 3200 mhz. After entering manually, finally worked.

Also a weird issue I am having in the BIOS is my keyboard just keeps repeating any keystroke I make, regardless of which port I connect it to. Have no idea why it is doing it, but luckily I can get around most of it with my mouse, just have to keep unplugging/plugging in my keyboard for some entry tasks.

Reactions: Acalanata

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Anyone had any luck finding an x570 ITX board with windows 7 driver support?

Not sure if any of the x570 will support Win 7, I have a MSI B450i and it supports Win 7.

Edit: Appears only works with * To support Windows® 7 64-bit, you must install an AMD Pinnacle Ridge & Summit Ridge CPU.

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
Yeah I don't care about CPU support, as it doesn't really mean anything. I'm talking in terms of if the USB ports will work, sound, bluetooth, etc.