News AMD X570 ITX Motherboards

So we have 1 confirmed so far:

The Crosshair VIII Impact is the ITX variant.

I'm hoping here that Asus think Zen 2 is amazing enough to revive Enthusiast class Impact boards and not offer us neutered versions like the Strix garbage they've been peddling for the last few years!

B550 boards are "speculated" to appear around 6 months after X570.

Last edited:

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
Sad day when our only ITX option is the Gigabyte. I was really counting on the Asus X570-I, but the more I look, the more I'm convinced that it's gonna be $299 whenever it actually shows up.
What makes you believe that? The z390 was around $200 at launch, no?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Sad day when our only ITX option is the Gigabyte. I was really counting on the Asus X570-I, but the more I look, the more I'm convinced that it's gonna be $299 whenever it actually shows up.
Sad? Nah. Back at the Ryzen 1000 launch, the first ITX option was a Biostar. I've been living with that ever since, and while it's passable, it's by no means good. The Gigabyte is very likely a good board.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Historically, previous Strix "-F" and "-E" mobos were equal price and ~$30 higher than the -I, respectively. The X570-F is $300 and the X570-E is $330. OutletPC is the only site with a listing for the X570-I, and it's $300.

I thought paying $219 for the Gigabyte was bad, I just can't see $300 for an itx mother board.

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017

Now to find some time to get it all built and test hehe. Got a 3700X on order that should come in a few days, the 3600 will go in my B450 HTPC / Light gaming machine.

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
I highly doubt X570-I will cost $299 since this Strix product would be entering Crosshair territory and invading its price range. I would suspect it would cost $225-$275 because it has to leave room for the the Crosshair VIII Impact's price point landing pad. The Impact will also be released soon and it will have to slot itself somewhere within the Strix and Crosshair Hero price points. Seeing that the Crosshair VIII Hero already costs $359 and $379 for the non-Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi models, it would make sense that the Crosshair VIII Impact, being a smaller, less-feature packed board than its ATX brethren, would cost less at $300-$350. The Strix X570, meanwhile, is missing many of the premium features of these high-end Crosshair boards including BIOS flashback, the BIOS reset and clear buttons, the additional USB ports, additional fan connectors and higher-end Sabre DAC-powered onboard audio. With such a gap between the Strix and the Crosshair, I cannot see the Strix X570-I costing $299 since it would represent a poor value proposition.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I highly doubt X570-I will cost $299 since this Strix product would be entering Crosshair territory and invading its price range. I would suspect it would cost $225-$275 because it has to leave room for the the Crosshair VIII Impact's price point landing pad. The Impact will also be released soon and it will have to slot itself somewhere within the Strix and Crosshair Hero price points. Seeing that the Crosshair VIII Hero already costs $359 and $379 for the non-Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi models, it would make sense that the Crosshair VIII Impact, being a smaller, less-feature packed board than its ATX brethren, would cost less at $300-$350. The Strix X570, meanwhile, is missing many of the premium features of these high-end Crosshair boards including BIOS flashback, the BIOS reset and clear buttons, the additional USB ports, additional fan connectors and higher-end Sabre DAC-powered onboard audio. With such a gap between the Strix and the Crosshair, I cannot see the Strix X570-I costing $299 since it would represent a poor value proposition.
ITX never really gets any savings for being smaller - usually you end up paying more due to the tougher engineering job of fitting everything into the smaller package. The Impact will definitely suffer this, being a flagship ITX board so stuffed they needed to make it DTX. ATX always scales higher at the high end, but the cheapest boards are usually either ATX or mATX too. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Impact matched the prices of its ATX siblings, or even exceeded them. Still, I hope the Strix is below $300.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I'm curious if would be possible to put a PCIE x4 NVME drive on the back slot of an itx board. Would the heatsink cause fitment problems?

1s44c

Caliper Novice
Mar 30, 2019
Depends on the case. Airflow will always be a problem, but fitment maybe not. The Sliger SM cases can fit them, but airflow is a challenge

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
One of the main reasons I am waiting for the Impact...

I have two 1TB Sabrent Rocket Gen4 x4 M.2 NVMe SSDs inbound, destined for a boot RAID, and the integrated cooling / heat sinks in the SO-DIMM.2 module should help with that...?

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
Off topic a wee bit, but best MATX X570 board?

Right now that's the only choice !!
There have been no reports or mention of any other boards coming from any of the big board vendors.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

Right now that's the only choice !!
There have been no reports or mention of any other boards coming from any of the big board vendors.
No TB3 (or will it be 4 now?) :(

That board does look Ok, though.

Those little fans do worry me though. Maybe somebody will make a monoblock.

EDIT: Wait, It says thunderbolt ready. Does that mean you need a PCIe card?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Only Asrock announced one.

But it has been approved that some B450 boards can enable PCIEx4 when paired with a 3000 series CPU. The MSI B450 mortar is one of them which is MATX.
I could care less about PCIe4, I just want thunderbolt. :/

Cabblake

What's an ITX?
Jul 9, 2019
I’ve been trying to decide on what board to get. Pairing a 3700x 65w in the skyreach s4 mini. I originally decided to go with the X570 but it looks like they all pull a tremendous amount of extra power. I’ve decided to go with the b450 from msi. It could handle the 2600 which pulled more power than what I have seen in all the reviews. So I’m not concerned about the vrm getting too hot. X570 doesn’t look like it really equals any extra performance for my used case. I’m in no way needing PCIe-4. It’s already been tested most PCIe-4 nvme drives perform the same on last gen motherboards with a 3000 cpu. Can’t see why I would want to add anymore heat or draw more power from the power supply in an sff case. I will save all that extra heat and power draw for my gpu.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
Does anyone else have news on more boards, preferrably ITX boards, being released on 7/12?

Asus showed off their itx board on their instagram page. looks sweet. don't know anything else on it yet. I was hoping Buildzoid would have gotten a pic to review it but no.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Anandtech just posted their massive X570 mobo comparison this morning, and while there's no buy links yet for the AsRock ITX/TB3 board, they say the MSRP should be $300, making it $80 more expensive than the Gigabyte board. No MSRP listed for the Asus ITX or DTX boards. The AsRock Z390 ITX board is currently $180, so any price savings by going AMD over Intel CPUs is completely washed out by the x570 motherboard pricing. All the more reason to get a b450 board unless you have a really good reason not to, or wait for b550.