News AMD X570 ITX Motherboards

So we have 1 confirmed so far:

The Crosshair VIII Impact is the ITX variant.

I'm hoping here that Asus think Zen 2 is amazing enough to revive Enthusiast class Impact boards and not offer us neutered versions like the Strix garbage they've been peddling for the last few years!

B550 boards are "speculated" to appear around 6 months after X570.

Last edited:

dfrgu

Trash Compacter
Mar 11, 2019
Only 1 m.2 port on the ASRock offering, and intel mounting holes? I’ll be looking elsewhere for my X570 ITX board, I guess.

/edit: A number of techtubers have been talking about most, if not all X570 boards being significantly more expensive then the X370/470 B350/450 offerings. If this is the case, ASRock doesn’t have a second M.2? Also, small number of rear USB vs. competition. I love my X370 ITX from them, but this is a letdown.
But, but man, it has a Thunderbolt, it's the first AM4 ITX ever has it. If you do not need it, then look elsewhere for sure, but it does not mean the board itself is bad.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
There are far more CPU coolers made for Intel LGA 115X because of how dominant it has been in the market for the past half decade, so you will basically now have compatibility for all if not most CPU coolers, whereas there are quite a few lacking the AM4 support because who the h#ck is AMD.
Even for coolers with AM4 compatibility, this is a win because some of them don't allow you to rotate them in the socket unless you use the Intel mounting. That said, the very tall elements around the socket sort of make that a moot point, since I don't think anyone will be sticking a Black Ridge on this guy, basically water cooling or tall towers are a must.

miptzi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 20, 2017
115x cooler mount is better for orientation too. After all its "square" and you can fiddle with 4 positions, which is kinda lacking in am4 coolers....

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
Just thought about it but... Can you even use a big shuriken 3 on these am4 itx boards?
Looks like it foul against the heat sinks over the vrm.
Insidentily the board with the lga fan mount means you should be able to use the big shuriken 2 without hackery!

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Just thought about it but... Can you even use a big shuriken 3 on these am4 itx boards?
Insidentily the board with the lga fan mount means you should be able to use the big shuriken 2 without hackery!
I heard of someone doing it by getting a am4 mount that was meant for another cooler. Can't remember where I saw it...

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017

Wondering the same thing, I'm going to use the Big Shuriken 3 in the build but only the Gigabyte board looks to be able to fit it without problems. On the other hand you can rotate it every which way so maybe it would fit on the other boards too somehow.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
I heard of someone doing it by getting a am4 mount that was meant for another cooler. Can't remember where I saw it...
Yeah I've got a jerry rigged bs2 on my am4 board right now but if you could just use the lga mounts that be easier and more natural setup XD

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
It seems like my Realan E-i7 is going to fit the Crosshair VIII Impact along with the Cryorig C1 ?
I guess that means phase two for my little case ?

Last edited:

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018

Interesting that it has only 4+2. The Asus Strix X570-I on the other hand has " 8+2 power stages " according to here.

Comparing with the other OEMs, MSI has nothing so far. Based on videos and photos, Asrock seems to have 6 VRMs for the core, and one m.2 slot, but then has thunderbolt passthrough.

It's sounding like the ASUS Strix X570-I and the Gigabyte X570 ITX is better suited for overclocking 16 cores compared to the other options with those 8 phase VRMs. Both also have two m.2 slots, which hopefully will be PCIe gen 4.

Edit: Another redditor post has summed up thus far

Reactions: Soul_Est

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
Interesting that it has only 4+2. The Asus Strix X570-I on the other hand has " 8+2 power stages " according to here.

Comparing with the other OEMs, MSI has nothing so far. Based on videos and photos, Asrock seems to have 6 VRMs for the core, and one m.2 slot, but then has thunderbolt passthrough.

It's sounding like the ASUS Strix X570-I and the Gigabyte X570 ITX is better suited for overclocking 16 cores compared to the other options with those 8 phase VRMs. Both also have two m.2 slots, which hopefully will be PCIe gen 4.

Edit: Another redditor post has summed up thus far
"here" also says the impact has 8+2 :p

OtackKulandinglar

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
I think Buildzoid is saying there are only 4 physical VRM modules, doubled, to make it 8+2. So it isn't a 'true' 8+2. But that is fine because of how good the VRMs are

1s44c

Caliper Novice
Mar 30, 2019
Technically when phases are doubled, there are that (the big number) physical phases on the board. However, the problem with doubling is that it increses ripple, and vrm latency. This negatively affects overclocking. The whole point of doubling is to get more phases than the vrm controller allows. Typically the more phases that a controller can control, the more expensive it is. So adding doublers makes the vrm cheaper, or allows more phases than otherwise be possible. TL;DR a doubler is like a plx chip for vrm phases

Reactions: Sashby