Cooling Alphacool Esibaer LT 92

gpaint45

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2020
Would this be better than a Corsair H60 in a Warhead Super Reaper MK VI Deepdash case because of it’s maintenance capability?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Would this be better than a Corsair H60 in a Warhead Super Reaper MK VI Deepdash case because of it’s maintenance capability?

I'm not entirely sure if you're trolling here, since Googling that "Warhead Super Reaper MK VI Deepdash" doesn't show a case at all. It shows a miniature tank model, which by the looks of it, can't even fit an SSD inside.

Despite the above, any AIO doesn't need to be opened at all. AIOs are maintenance free from the factory.

gpaint45

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2020
I'm not entirely sure if you're trolling here, since Googling that "Warhead Super Reaper MK VI Deepdash" doesn't show a case at all. It shows a miniature tank model, which by the looks of it, can't even fit an SSD inside.

Despite the above, any AIO doesn't need to be opened at all. AIOs are maintenance free from the factory.

It’s actually in the Production Stage: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...epdash-version-6l-120aio-portable-case.14930/

Was wondering if their test unit could fit a Corsair H60 in it, if this would be a better alternative, or maybe the Asetek 645LT.

Last edited:

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
The Asetek 645LT does fit inside the Dan A4 SFX. I know this for a fact - cause I'm running it myself :)
I think you might misunderstood me. My sentence meant that the LT92 does not fit the same way. Not like the Asetek. The fitting on the radiator is not L-shaped. The pump-block is bigger in height. The tubes are thicker and cannot past between the side panel and the pump-block, only above or under. It can still be done and it will surely have an even better performance, but at the cost of reduced gpu length.

Reactions: riba2233

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
Do we have any updates @dondan I would like to know if it fits and what are the temps (and noise, as asetek pump is to laud for me )

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Do we have any updates @dondan I would like to know if it fits and what are the temps (and noise, as asetek pump is to laud for me )
To be honest, either Asetek or alphacool aio pump are similar in noise. Alphacool is a little bit less noisy but it’s far from being quiet.

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
To be honest, either Asetek or alphacool aio pump are similar in noise. Alphacool is a little bit less noisy but it’s far from being quiet.
In my previous build, I was using 240lt from alphacool and it was super quiet and it cooled CPU very nicely. It looks like in 92mil version pumps are very similar so I am assuming the same quiet. I'm running asetek 645lt I am not impressed with the quality and noise of it, and also performance is not how I expected.

Reactions: Kozi

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
In my previous build, I was using 240lt from alphacool and it was super quiet and it cooled CPU very nicely. It looks like in 92mil version pumps are very similar so I am assuming the same quiet. I'm running asetek 645lt I am not impressed with the quality and noise of it, and also performance is not how I expected.
To be honest, AIO pump noise seems to be quite subjective...some people are sensitive, others are not. Personnally I was able to hear pump noise even while gaming.
I have checked news and manufacturer description, but still can’t find what TDP it handles. Any guess?
You can cool anything with 105w TDP from AMD with proper airflow. Tried 92mm AIO successfully with my R7 3800X.
Main question is related to case integration.
What is your case?

dmitrybask

Caliper Novice
Nov 4, 2020
You can cool anything with 105w TDP from AMD with proper airflow. Tried 92mm AIO successfully with my R7 3800X.
Main question is related to case integration.
What is your case?

I have a 3900 PRO under L12S. It is cool and quite when 65w stock, and behave normally with 105w PBO.
I researched AIO pumps before, and decided large low-profile coolers, like Big Shuriken 3 or L12S works better then small AIOs.
Still I am ready to swap if AIO works better

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
I have a 3900 PRO under L12S. It is cool and quite when 65w stock, and behave normally with 105w PBO.
I researched AIO pumps before, and decided large low-profile coolers, like Big Shuriken 3 or L12S works better then small AIOs.
Still I am ready to swap if AIO works better
Well I made the same choice as you moving from Asetek 645LT to ID Cooling IS-60 in my SM550..:D
Basically in Dan A4 or Sliger SM 550/560, 92mm AIO is not a good option if your primary target is gaming (ie GPU thermals is priority). Indeed if you prioritize GPU thermals all bottom fans should be setup as exhaust through the bottom...leading that 92mm AIO radiator will receive hot air from GPU as input...pretty bad. Alternative is to setup bottom fans as intake...that is good for 92mm AIO but bad for GPU thermals..:D

However 645LT and my customed 92mm AIO proved to be very effective in Cerberus-X, especially in use with solid/windowed side panel...:D
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...erberus-x-complete-build-log.2007/post-180800

Reactions: rfarmer

dmitrybask

Caliper Novice
Nov 4, 2020
Well I made the same choice as you moving from Asetek 645LT to ID Cooling IS-60 in my SM550..:D
Basically in Dan A4 or Sliger SM 550/560, 92mm AIO is not a good option if your primary target is gaming (ie GPU thermals is priority). Indeed if you prioritize GPU thermals all bottom fans should be setup as exhaust through the bottom...leading that 92mm AIO radiator will receive hot air from GPU as input...pretty bad. Alternative is to setup bottom fans as intake...that is good for 92mm AIO but bad for GPU thermals..:D

However 645LT and my customed 92mm AIO proved to be very effective in Cerberus-X, especially in use with solid/windowed side panel...:D
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...erberus-x-complete-build-log.2007/post-180800

I've checked the link and have a question actually. Is it really better, to set AIO fan for intake? For me, this is the main advantage of water cooling, that you immediately exhaust hot air outside, without heating internals.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
I've checked the link and have a question actually. Is it really better, to set AIO fan for intake? For me, this is the main advantage of water cooling, that you immediately exhaust hot air outside, without heating internals.
In case of Cerberus-X yes Intake is the best setup for 92mm AIO as hot exhausted air is directly exhausted from the case by the top fan. Otherwise 92 AIO will receive direct hot air from GPU...that is catastrophic for thermals. Basically in Cerberus-X with this Rear Intake 92mm AIO setup, even with non vented side panel, you are getting best GPU and very good CPU thermals (as you are using AIO at its maximum cooling potential).

Your comment is completely valid and depends on each case design. For example in standard mid tower case, putting AIO radiator on front panel as intake is hurting GPU thermals.

Reactions: rfarmer

Daemonbit

Case Bender
New User
May 18, 2021
Hi guys,

I want to do a custom loop and i want know before i go if dan a4 SFX v4.1 accept Alphacool NexXxoS ST25 . The Radiator Dimensions L x W x H: 132 x 92 x 25 mm
I'm afraid about the L : 132.
I will put it at the same places at the Asetek 645LT -> L x W x H: 117 x 97 x 35 mm
It can fit or not ?

Thanks for help team and sorry for my english