Cooling Alphacool Esibaer LT 92

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Hi all,

I just discovered this direct competitor of Asetek 645LT wth this alphacool LT92

It will be around 70€

Source : https://www.cowcotland.com/news/73067/alphacool-eisbaer-lt-92-un-aio-special-boitier-sff.html

Let's see if it fits Dan A4/SM series

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
wow great find there! For A4 compatibility - highly doubtful
  1. The rad is thinner than 645LT (30 vs 35mm), not as wide (92 vs 97mm), but much longer (134 vs 117) so that extra length may not work
  2. The hoses coming out of the rad straight, not angled 90 degree like the 645LT, I'm worried it the tubing won't bend at all

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
wow great find there! For A4 compatibility - highly doubtful
  1. The rad is thinner than 645LT (30 vs 35mm), not as wide (92 vs 97mm), but much longer (134 vs 117) so that extra length may not work
  2. The hoses coming out of the rad straight, not angled 90 degree like the 645LT, I'm worried it the tubing won't bend at all
Good points..:)
I'm sure some people will double try it..:)

Reactions: thelaughingman

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
This can be fixed by using other fittings. The eisbaer products of alphacool use regular fittings which are easy to replace.

Yup. You could even re-cut the tubing shorter if needed for a perfect fit, then push the tubes back on to the compression fittings. The block has a fill port too. It is basically a very small and low powered custom loop in the sense that all the ports are G1/4, you can do whatever you want with it.

An idea I had earlier, given the popularity of the GN video and the hysteria that followed it, is to add a small reservoir from the fill port and position it above the CPU block. In cases such as the DAN and Sliger SM550/560, that would allow for a bottom mounted radiator with no additional downsides.
Assuming the radiator fits in the small sandwich cases at least, given the addtional radiator length.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
This can be fixed by using other fittings. The eisbaer products of alphacool use regular fittings which are easy to replace.
how does buying additional fittings make sense? especially when compared to the 645LT that works out of the box. given it's 92mm rad class I don't expect this cooler to be able to outclass Asetek by a large enough temp margin to make it worth the trouble

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
how does buying additional fittings make sense? especially when compared to the 645LT that works out of the box. given it's 92mm rad class I don't expect this cooler to be able to outclass Asetek by a large enough temp margin to make it worth the trouble

Both products can have their place in the market. Once you weigh up the pros and cons of each, some will prefer the 645LT to use as-is and others will the prefer the LT92 for the ease of servicing the unit in the long term and customization options.

nicocm9

Efficiency Noob
Mar 19, 2020
Do you guys think that I could use this AIO, change the fittings drain it and add it in a custom loop with a 240mm rad for the gpu as well?
I have a Nouvolo Steck with a 3600 and rx5700xt and I want to watercool it. I just realized that for 10€ more than the LT Solo this comes with the LT solo, a 92 mm rad which might help a bit with temps (on its own it's 40€) and some tubbing and fittings.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Both products can have their place in the market. Once you weigh up the pros and cons of each, some will prefer the 645LT to use as-is and others will the prefer the LT92 for the ease of servicing the unit in the long term and customization options.
My reply was following the chain on Dan A4 compatibility. If expanding the use case to wider SFF world, then yes, it is like you said different strokes for different folks. But then again as I observe for larger cases, people tend to go for bigger radiator sizes (120/240) anyways.

In all fairness, if people can cram this cooler in the A4 as-is, then hands-down this is the best 92mm AIO.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Do you guys think that I could use this AIO, change the fittings drain it and add it in a custom loop with a 240mm rad for the gpu as well?
I have a Nouvolo Steck with a 3600 and rx5700xt and I want to watercool it. I just realized that for 10€ more than the LT Solo this comes with the LT solo, a 92 mm rad which might help a bit with temps (on its own it's 40€) and some tubbing and fittings.

I don't think this is a good idea, the dc-lt pump is too weak for 2 rads. Cooling the 3600 and 5700xt with a single 240 rad might work though.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
I don't think this is a good idea, the dc-lt pump is too weak for 2 rads. Cooling the 3600 and 5700xt with a single 240 rad might work though.
In fact @nicocm9 it could work. I've used it succesfully my DC-LT pump with 240+120 radiator cooling 1xCPU & 1xGPU.
However the main difficulty is to fill the loop, as DC-LT pump remains a modest pump.

After I agree with @robbee that a lone 240mm radiator should be enough to cool CPU and GPU.
Check this video, completely fine but you need to forget massive OC..:)

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
So does it fit?

This cannot fit into the Dan A4 the same way as the Asetek 645. However, that method never really seemed right to me in the first place anyway. But this 92mm aio seems really good. It's the Eisbaer LT Solo and a recently released all copper radiator - both components are far superior compared to the Asetek.

Despite the fact the LT Solo's metal plate is now NOT copper like it's shown on the pictures, but silverly yellowish, like nickel - so that's definetly false advertising on Alphacool's part in both written and visual form. Even if you order the pump-block separately, directly from Alphacool, you're not getting it with the full copper orange plate (true story). False advertising on that product page too... Shame.

Still, it's a great product for the price. But how to implement it then? Well, this could make people consider 200mm gpu's and install the aio next to them, like how we can with 120mm aio's. There are several options of 2070 cards, like the ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Mini for example that still great and is 200mm, not to mention that Asus is about to produce a 200mm 3070 card.
The two would be perfect together. You could easily hook a 95 TDP 5800x with this setup and still have a 3070 under the hood - best of both worlds.

All we would need is a 92mm aio side bracket...
But even without that, it should be doable and would prove to be a pretty powerful setup in the Dan A4. However, even with those L-shaped fittings, this won't work if they are from the side, the upper tube could not go down in an angle that's steep enough, there's not much clearance left with just 48mm before the side panel. It's only possible if the fittings are either facing upwards (maybe even the M.2 heatsink needs to be removed). Or better yet, down. That would shorten the tube lengh, leave the M.2 heatsink in it's place and luckily they still won't interfere with the fan headers at the bottom of the board. Yet RAM should be low profile with tubes that thick - Corsair LPX Vengeance are still okay as they leave 16mm clearance which should be enough.

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Despite the fact the LT Solo's metal plate is now NOT copper like it's shown on the pictures, but silverly yellowish, like nickel - so that's definetly false advertising on Alphacool's part in both written and visual form. Even if you order the pump-block separately, directly from Alphacool, you're not getting it with the full copper orange plate (true story). False advertising on that product page too... Shame.
The cold plate of the Eisbaer LT 92 is also made of nickel-plated copper.

so the cold plate may not be 100% copper as you want but in no way, shape, or form that Alphacool is false-advertising here. I would actually argue you get more for your money this way. Go and compare other waterblocks (EK, Bitspower, Watercool, etc.). Nickel-plated copper versions are always the most premium quality and most expensive.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
The cold plate of the Eisbaer LT 92 is also made of nickel-plated copper.

so the cold plate may not be 100% copper as you want but in no way, shape, or form that Alphacool is false-advertising here. I would actually argue you get more for your money this way. Go and compare other waterblocks (EK, Bitspower, Watercool, etc.). Nickel-plated copper versions are always the most premium quality and most expensive.

Even the pictures seems ok. My mistake. Anyway, the Solo version still has full copper on the pics and on the text as well and they send you the nickel version for some reason.
Nevertheless, this aio i's still good value, as if we would like to purchase the items separately, the 2 L-shaped-; and 2 regular fittings (latter can only be purchased by packs of 6) + rad would easily cost you 2 times the amount. The hose is from TPV, so it's more heat resistant and tougher than the regular PVC - I think this is the 12.7/7.6 kind (sold in 3m portions). So the pricing is very generous.

Reactions: thelaughingman