Log Air cooled Lian Li DAN Cases A4-H2O Build

Maendro

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2023
hrdwreblog.de
Hello Community,

second post, I hope you find it helpful or interesting. In best case both :)

Now that I've spent some time with the FormD T1, it's time to move on. I thought a bit back and forth about what I could use as my next case and decided on the Lian Li DAN Cases A4-H2O. For one thing, I still had the case sitting here in the corner and for another, there was a comment on one of my T1 videos suggesting this case to me. For many out there, it is certainly more attainable than the FormD T1, as it is much cheaper and the availability is a lot better. Even though the case does have room for an all-in-one water cooling system, I still wanted to do an air cooled build aka "Air cooled Lian Li DAN Cases A4-H2O Build".

In contrast to the T1, the H2O is a slightly larger case and I must say I noticed it during the build. So it weighs 2.9 kg with dimensions of 140/244/326mm (W/H/D), which corresponds to a volume of 11 l. The build process was really easy to do. What I found particularly good was that I didn't have to assemble the case from individual parts first. Sure there are advantages to this single part build, but let's face it, it's really convenient not to have to do that. Oh and it saves a lot of time.

The easiest way is to disassemble the case so that only the spine is in front of you. Then you really have enough space to install everything in a relaxed way. I found the possibility to open a part of the bottom extremely practical, so that you can really connect all cables to the motherboard. It happened to me often enough that I forgot at least one cable and had to remove the board again. Annoying. In the build itself, unlike the T1, I didn't use any custom cables, but the ones that come with the SF750. Custom cables are great, but they cost a lot of money. I didn't have any problems stowing the cables, as there was enough space in my opinion. Whether it looks different with an AiO, I can report to you hopefully soon.

It was fun to build in H2O and most importantly it cost me less nerves. It was really straight forward and you have enough space. If you want to be on the safe side, you can consult the manual that comes with the case. It is short, but provides all the important points (illustrated) you need to get an overview of the build process. The system looks good on the desk and is more or less silent. What more could you want? An AiO build I would say and that will follow.

Almost forgot, the new cooler. I'm really happy with the feel of the Thermalright AXP-90 X53 (Full Copper) and the temperatures are ok too. Also very nice is the fact that you don't have to worry about the ram height etc., because the compatibility is really very good due to the small dimensions. Only on the motherboard I used, I had to mount the bracket that goes on the back of the board rotated because there was a capacitor in the way. But good, it did not affect the stability.

For more information or detail (temperatures, benchmarks, noise) I suggest my blog post (Air cooled Lian Li DAN Cases A4-H2O Build - hrdwreblog) or Video.

Purely visually a great result:

Reactions: m3lezZ

Tiredme

Efficiency Noob
Nov 25, 2022
is there any noise from the x53 fan running full speed? 2mm clearance seems like the fan-grill interaction would be noisy?

Xed32

Efficiency Noob
Oct 13, 2023
Think he's not answering cause all of that is in his blog and video: "At minimum and at 1000 rpm, the system is very quiet and you hardly notice it. At full speed, the temperatures get better, but a headset is mandatory ;-). You can find out what that sounds like in the video linked above." His sound chart appears to also show the full speed sound at 53DB for the x53..

Reactions: PicoXXL