Lian-Li PC-Q02 Air Build

Caspian_Monster

Case Bender
Original poster
Jun 2, 2019
I found a Lian-Li PC-Q02 case on eBay, and decided to build it into a daily driver for my relatives (internet browsing, some fair Office use, occasional movie streaming through Plex).
Specs as decided upon:
- AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
- Patriot Viper Elite 16Gb
- Gigabyte B450 I
Cryorig C7 Cu for cooling.
No case fans.
The undecide part right now is the power supply. There is barely any space in the case, so I want to go complete overkill and get a modular SeaSonic 450W. I'll lose efficiency, but I will have fewer cables to contend with, and it will not spin its fan.
The alternative is to get a DC-ATX PSU of some sort, which I am not familiar with at all. From looking around, picoPSU seems to be decent, but they look suspicious, and have dread stories of burnt systems. HDPlex looks glamorous enough to be a contender, but good luck finding one (if someone has one to offer, I am all ears just to have one).

Recommendations are very welcome.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
I'm powering a B450i MSI mobo w/2400G at stock clocks, 16GB LPX Corsair at 2933MHz, NVME stick and stock Wraith Stealth cooler with a 160XT picoPSU fed by a 180W brick, no issues during benchmarking. Have HDPlex units but have switched to 12V picoPSU as they run cool and don't heat up the RAM. Have been on bricks for ~5 years no burn ups, just get a quality brick.