After bios update hit a windows boot loop

mtspark

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Apr 18, 2018
Preface got the 3700x and gigabyte x570 itx in the mail this morning and have been fighting with it all day long. CPU in fine, cooler on fine, m.2 in, ram yadda yadda. Into the bios everything looks fine default, drive shows up right. Exit to being stuck on windows boot. Windows logo and spinning dots for a long while. Turn off, decide to plug in hdd for giggles and whalaa windows boots, I'm guessing something was needed that was on my second drive to boot not sure. Power off check bios both hdd and m.2 there. Boot into windows again see some updates since I've been off for a while now do to the last issue, update and restart alls fine. Decide to try a game load up doom 200fps as yisss head death rattle coming from inside case immediately power off, gpu fan cable in way of fan from cleaning tuck that away and back to good. Restart change fan curves as system fan was running full speed and loud and xmp ram. Loads up fine again download rgb fusion 2.0 start it up realize it wont control my trident z ram no biggie.

See bios updates, download newest throw on my fat32 flash drive load er up, alls good again till try to load into windows, back to endless windows boot, remove drives, plug in drives, try load optimal defaults still the same. Try windows start up repair cant find anything wrong. Decide to reinstall windows on m.2 tells me it put my old files into old window folder. Loads up to desktop no wifi driver fml, get on other pc dl file, load it up download driver booster to grab rest of drivers and restart afterwards to another endless windows boot. Having no luck at all today any help would be great.

Tldr updated bios causes windows boot loop, reinstalled windows then updated driver's, restart back into boop loot.

Myzhi

Chassis Packer
Dec 9, 2018
I had a similar problem. I google and tried almost everything, but then, I found this one post. It was simple just start Windows in safe mode which fixed something. After you get to the Windows safe mode desktop, just restart the PC, and hopefully, Windows will boot like normal from then on. Also, Microsoft made it complicated to do it in Windows 10. Google for instructions.

Last edited:

mtspark

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Apr 18, 2018
Made it into safe mode and safe with networking and restarted still loops.

Start up repair finally did something and let me in thank you

Reactions: rfarmer

mtspark

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Apr 18, 2018
It seems to be when I install the nvme driver that it breaks again. good news bios update seems to have fixed my ram in rgb fusion 2.0 now I match.

Or not left that one of the list and it’s back to boot looping fuuuuuu never had this many problems just booting into windows. The others in the list are 4 standard sata ahci controllers and gigabit network connection.

Last edited: