AC/DC Adapter for thin mITX system with 1050Ti

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
I think, your riser is a bit to wide for my plans (single slot GPU).

Indeed a bit wider than single slot GPUs but not by much (except if your remove the GPU bracket).

Top edge of the riser is at ~ 52 mm from the case bottom.

As a comparison, the lowest internal case height I could achieve was 50 mm :

BTW, I tested the Inno3D GTX 1050 Ti Single Slot and it's not the most efficient nor quite cooling solution.
It's a classic radial fan.
I prefer ASL blower fan when dialed down.
Being low profile, it also leaves some room just next to it for a 200W Meanwell EPP-200-12 :)

Why would you need a load switch for the system ? Thin ITX motherboards power down like any other ones.
You just need one for the GPU.

You can make your own switch, purchase Polulu or Dynamo boards, ask @Thehack for a One2 board, use a PicoPSU driven by a Mosfet switch, etc.
Or do your own.

Lots of options here :)

Last edited:

McSpain

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
You board also accepts 12V input.
You'd just need a 12V PSU, a load switch for the GPU and that's it.

With a 12V brick and my powered riser (which includes a load switch), my HTPC has only two wires : the way I like it !
For budget reasons I'm switching over to a ASRock H110TM-ITX (v1.0) Board. The manual says that it accepts 19VDC±10%. Has anyone any experience if other voltages are also acceptable for the board?

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
For budget reasons I'm switching over to a ASRock H110TM-ITX (v1.0) Board. The manual says that it accepts 19VDC±10%. Has anyone any experience if other voltages are also acceptable for the board?

It will work with any bricks within 19VDC±10%. I'm running my Asus Q87T, that has the same requirement, from a 19.5V Dell AC-DC without issue.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
I don't think the motherboard will accept any other voltage than 19V.
I wouldn't try it.

You can check with Asrock support which is pretty reactive.