Splitter for the AC adapter


Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 15, 2017

I've got a question that may sound stupid but I don't know if this is possible or not because I'm a noob so please help me out.

So I was shopping for a monitor and when I looked up the specs and noticed it says the monitor has a 19v input which is the same voltage of the power brick I use with my HDplex 160 DC-DC.

Assuming that my brick is capable of outputting 150W for the computer + 25W for the monitor is it possible to use a single brick to power both the PC and monitor with a splitter like that?

If this is achievable then I'm thinking that my setup will require only two big cables (one from the AC adapter and one from PC to monitor) if I use wireless keyboard/mouse and monitor's built-in speakers.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.


SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
This should work.
As long as the splitter cable is rated for the amps you are pulling through it, that is.