Log A4-H2O clean(ish) full loop & case advice

rinners

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Feb 20, 2019
So after my first build this was a breeze. It's not finished, I need to replace the soft tube with hard and get a few more fitting to clean up the look a bit.

The magic happens this side:
RTX 3070 Strix EK edition
Phanteks R160C
TX240 & Phanteks T30 fans (these T30 fans are just amazing, so quiet for the amount of air they move)

The visible side:
Z390i Strix with EK monoblock (this block was poorly designed/manufactured, the raised circle that contacts the IHS is off centre by about 10mm). Not sure why they made it so small.

In general I'm happy with how it came out. It was quick to build and the components are generally still accessible.

I opted to have the rad the with the ports on the "wrong way around" because I though it would look cleaner with this monoblock, but if I ever upgrade the motherboard I'll change it around and run tubes from the CPU block above and below the PSU instead. The top panel of the case blocks some of the airflow with the fan in this arrangement.

The total cost of this build using second hand components was about $900.

The revisions I would make to this case:
The PSU bracket feels a little uninspired. I would rather have one large opening for the PSU fan. By the time the case cover goes on the air (and eyes) have 3 different patterns to negotiate in front of the fan blades. I also used some standoffs to drop the PSU slightly. Especially with the Corsair SF this also lines up the fan hub with the centre hole which makes it look so much more pleasing.

I would also update the side panel and top panel holes so that the top panel holes can accommodate rads/fans in this orientation and still line up and change the I/O to the top or front.

I wish the wires on the audio cable header were also black. I just removed that cable entirely.

I would also like to see and open frame side panel that covers up the grommets and screws around the edges.

On another note the R160C looks amazing just behind the GPU slide in cutout. I would have loved to have mounted it there and put a opening on the front panel. But this would mean changing the PSU to slide in behind it or even rotate it so it sits between the GPU and where the res would be. I don't have the energy or money to fabricate the bracket for the PSU at this point.