Advice Sliger S610 or A4-H2O?

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
So the question is, which case is better, esp. with thermals, or at least achieving better thermals, IF I was to install a 280 mm AIO / rad, side-mounted: Dan Case A4-H2O or the Sliger S610?

Yes, I'm aware that the H2O doesnt natively support side-mounted radiators, but I've seen a few builds with custom loops who managed to fit a 280 to the side. I also just did another* test fit of the SL II 280 in my spare S300, and the rad nearly fits, protruding by about 1 cm, because the inner maximum space of the S300 is 30.7 cm.

The Sliger S610 would allow for a classic layout, with the limiting factor being the width and thickness of the GPU (I guess 130ish width, 70 mm of thickness), but native support for a side-mounted 280 radiator.

To me, the S610 looks somewhat better in terms of air flow, and the option to invert the case, albeit that might be a moot point, when the H2O officially is optimized for liquid cooling ..

Weight-wise, both seem pretty similar. And at worst, I might have to add a GPU panel extender to the H2O, which would make them nearly identically sized, too.

So yeah, TL;DR: Which one might be better for my purposes?

cu, w0lf.

Footnotes:
Another test fit, because: I did an accidential test fit the morning after having had the Vida 240 gotten finally up and running in the S300 mod; the cases sat side-by-side, and in my morning sleepyness I picked the smaller one, with the idea of testing how much I'd need to sacrifice with the AIO as a side mount .. and then it suddenly didnt fit anymore? Waaah?!? Until I realized it was the wrong case XD

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I haven't owned a Dan A4 H2O but used to have an NCase M1 and Dan A4 before the Sliger S610 that I currently use.

The M1 and A4 are incredible as they are very light but feel sturdy and finely engineered. I don't know if the A4 H2O is on the same level as it's a Lian Li product rather than a full Dan Cases model...

The Sliger is really good, but doesn't have that finely engineered feel of the other 2.
The aluminium panels are thicker metal and the sturdier panel clips are still hard to open after a few years of use.
It has some great features like the removable bottom plate that is really well vented, but overall it feels a little clunky compared to the M1.

I think of it as a mini Cerberus as they carried over @jeshikat design language and features into this range.

The handle is what makes it a winner for me and replaced the A4 for weekly LAN duty despite being heavier and almost double the volume.

I haven't investigated the inverted layout as you lose the handle and top slim 120mm fan mount with the GPU on top.

My only disappointment is that the stupidly large RX 6700XT I bought from a friend didn't fit...
He supposedly checked the Sliger compatibility chart but looked at the S620! 🤣

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
I haven't owned a Dan A4 H2O but used to have an NCase M1 and Dan A4 before the Sliger S610 that I currently use.

The M1 and A4 are incredible as they are very light but feel sturdy and finely engineered. I don't know if the A4 H2O is on the same level as it's a Lian Li product rather than a full Dan Cases model...

The Sliger is really good, but doesn't have that finely engineered feel of the other 2.
The aluminium panels are thicker metal and the sturdier panel clips are still hard to open after a few years of use.
It has some great features like the removable bottom plate that is really well vented, but overall it feels a little clunky compared to the M1.

I think of it as a mini Cerberus as they carried over @jeshikat design language and features into this range.

The handle is what makes it a winner for me and replaced the A4 for weekly LAN duty despite being heavier and almost double the volume.

I haven't investigated the inverted layout as you lose the handle and top slim 120mm fan mount with the GPU on top.

My only disappointment is that the stupidly large RX 6700XT I bought from a friend didn't fit...
He supposedly checked the Sliger compatibility chart but looked at the S620! 🤣
my main concern isnt really the build quality, more like the space / ventilation.

As long as it aint the shoddy quality of the early 90s or some of the current "AMD pre-builds", all is well :)

So, reading your reply, I guess the main issue with the S610 is GPU height / width?
In terms of panels, I'm planing to replace the main one anyway, looks like a modified Meshroom S / Meshlicious would do (that were my plans for the S400, but .. if I can haz this in an already existing case? so much better!).

cu, w0lf.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
my main concern isnt really the build quality, more like the space / ventilation.

As long as it aint the shoddy quality of the early 90s or some of the current "AMD pre-builds", all is well :)

So, reading your reply, I guess the main issue with the S610 is GPU height / width?
In terms of panels, I'm planing to replace the main one anyway, looks like a modified Meshroom S / Meshlicious would do (that were my plans for the S400, but .. if I can haz this in an already existing case? so much better!).

cu, w0lf.
I would say that the s610 is very similar to the M1 space wise, it's about 1L larger in volume.
Ventilation? As mentioned, the base definitely allows for more airflow and the side and top panels have more and larger holes than the M1. How much difference this makes I can't say, from memory I didn't notice a radical change in temps from the M1. Then again, I didn't conduct careful like for like tests...

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Reactions: Arboreal

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
And in terms of "a lot of work": I just did a test fit in the A4-H2O (which arrived about an hour ago). NO, that was NOT a lot of work.Building inside the case was much easier than even in the Asus AP 201, and thats a very well-rounded case (ie. the current MFF PC goat).

Took me less than 45 minutes to put everything together. Even the GPU "kinda" fits (INCLUDING the IO bracket!); obviously its peaking up about a 1 cm, because of the tubes being routed above the middle bracket, but even without that the case probably wouldnt close, as the GPU shroud rises to up to 61 mm, and the radiator compartment is only 55 mm.

cu, w0lf.

Reactions: Arboreal