Log DAN A4-SFX Full Custom Loop

nascentparadigm

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jan 4, 2019
Ok, water loop is "complete", as in all of the tubes have been cut and bent and the system holds pressure for 24hrs, which means when the time comes it should be ready to hold water!

One of those bends took eight tries to get right - was a doozy of a route to run, as it had to go around the power connector for the GPU and effectively bend 90 degrees across three different axis. All of the other tubes came out pretty much how I thought they would when mocking them up in 3D.

Next step is shortening all the PSU cables - the system currently looks like its suffering from multiple hernias.

CTFGaming

Efficiency Noob
Mar 14, 2024
Really nice build!

So I am getting my parts together to do something similar and wanted to ask if you had any issues with that water block and card? I have just purchased a MSI 4070 super ventus 2x and about to put an order in for the same card but the compatibility list on Alphacools website is limited. From the research I have done it seems all the PCB's across the Ventus range are the same. How did you feel comfortable taking the risk?

nascentparadigm

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jan 4, 2019
Really nice build!

So I am getting my parts together to do something similar and wanted to ask if you had any issues with that water block and card? I have just purchased a MSI 4070 super ventus 2x and about to put an order in for the same card but the compatibility list on Alphacools website is limited. From the research I have done it seems all the PCB's across the Ventus range are the same. How did you feel comfortable taking the risk?
I came across a post on Alphacool's official forums where someone confirmed that it was compatible with the non-Ti iterations.

To be fair, I've only installed the block and it seems to fit nicely, I'm still not at the point where I can power the system on to make sure all the contacts are good.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
I came across a post on Alphacool's official forums where someone confirmed that it was compatible with the non-Ti iterations.

To be fair, I've only installed the block and it seems to fit nicely, I'm still not at the point where I can power the system on to make sure all the contacts are good.
The one by Corsair would be another option, apparently its compatible with all MSI 4070 (non-super) variants, both Ti and non-Ti, including the 2X variants.
There also is a list on reddit (I think I saw it in r/watercooling, post date is from approx 8 months ago) about compatible Bykski blocks.

cu, w0lf.