Discussion A container style case

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Interesting case (17.4 x 19 x 36.3 =~ 12-litre) mimicking a container.

5-minute video:-

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
The case is pretty cool, love how the little handles on the front doors actually secure the front panels. PSU mounting seems a bit odd, bottom mounted and the case feet are not very tall, curious how you get a power plug under there.

Reactions: thelaughingman

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
The case is pretty cool, love how the little handles on the front doors actually secure the front panels. PSU mounting seems a bit odd, bottom mounted and the case feet are not very tall, curious how you get a power plug under there.
I think a C13 female (low profile)-to-C14 male extension cable is likely used. The 90-degree C13 female low profile plug could be similar to what was supplied with my Deng F15.

Starts at around 8:20 (https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1rK4y1S7f7/?spm_id_from=333.788.recommend_more_video.2) for the idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Yeah I've seen that type of plug from Chinese branded cases, had a feeling that must be it.
I just saw another video review which says a 90-degree power plug is provided as stock. However, even though it is L-shaped but it is not low-profile enough and 4 small feet are provided as stock as well.
This should imply that the video in my above post must use that extra low profile plug in order to avoid the use of the feet.

Anyway, this video review uses an equally cool solution to match the container. Watch for yourself and enjoy.

Start at ~ 3:10.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I just saw another video review which says a 90-degree power plug is provided as stock. However, even though it is L-shaped but it is not low-profile enough and 4 small feet are provided as stock as well.
This should imply that the video in my above post must use that extra low profile plug in order to avoid the use of the feet.

Anyway, this video review uses an equally cool solution to match the container. Watch for yourself and enjoy.

Start at ~ 3:10.
Thanks @tinyitx that was very cool, you would absolutely have to have the truck to mount it on.

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
Nooo, you tempt me so!
jermaine dupri GIF by Lifetime

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Yeah it's pricey and you would have to have the truck to mount it on, no idea how hard or expensive that would be to source.
Now there's a mad idea. There is already a 1:17 scale container trailer in existence, all be it for a full 40'
such a bad influence, this has surely gone far enough already.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I think we found another niche in a niche in a niche. Let's spend a lot of time and resources on this, it'll pay off. Here's my wallet.