Prototype A 3d-Printable GPU AIO Mount!

d34th25

Efficiency Noob
Nov 25, 2017
Just wanted to chime in. I still have one of Dwood's brackets in use.

Funfact: I was quite involved with the original dwood / GPU bracket scene.

I built and maintained the tript.com e-commerce website where the brackets were sold and shipped. I did the development work as trade in kind for some of his pieces. I used in Torch GP, a twin AIO cooled HTPC. In those days, prior or to the entry of the large manufacturers, dwood was selling $3K/mo in brackets, gross. Shame what happened with him. Even I never got the details. Lots of upset customers. Not everyone can have the same level of service as @Josh | NFC .

If I can answer and questions of be of service, please let me know.
Thanks I'll ask you if I run into problems. I have to wait for my parts to arrive to test.

d34th25

Efficiency Noob
Nov 25, 2017

I have received my 3D printed brackets today. Its surprisingly stiff and strong with 300micron with 25% infill
Unfortunately, I do not have the screws to mount them onto my gpu. That being said, the spacing ended up shorter than expected. It would still be possible to fit, but slightly tight. However the back mount is fine.

I have made some changes to the next design. The hole spacing is widened, and I have displaced them slightly to fit within the frame of the blower. (I didnt notice that the GP102 gpu chip is acutally not in the centre of the board)

Tried to fit and ended up with this, I dont think it matters as the cooling area is still within the chip itself.

You might say: gee isnt that part where I chopped it off very thin? and might not be strong enough?

For now, I thickened it 2x at the thinnest point and hoped that it might be strong enough. Its really guess work for me

Thats all for now.

Colinreay

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Aug 28, 2016

I have received my 3D printed brackets today. Its surprisingly stiff and strong with 300micron with 25% infill
Unfortunately, I do not have the screws to mount them onto my gpu. That being said, the spacing ended up shorter than expected. It would still be possible to fit, but slightly tight. However the back mount is fine.

I have made some changes to the next design. The hole spacing is widened, and I have displaced them slightly to fit within the frame of the blower. (I didnt notice that the GP102 gpu chip is acutally not in the centre of the board)

Tried to fit and ended up with this, I dont think it matters as the cooling area is still within the chip itself.

You might say: gee isnt that part where I chopped it off very thin? and might not be strong enough?

For now, I thickened it 2x at the thinnest point and hoped that it might be strong enough. Its really guess work for me

Thats all for now.

That looks amazing! Super happy that other people could be inspired and make their own modifications/brackets. I bought a Prusa I3 Mk3 3d printer (ships in 2 weeks, yay), and am going to look into modifying it both to work with the newer Asetek coolers, and HMB cards. Additionally, I'd like to add adjustable/modular fan mounts and gpu shroud mounts, sort of like what NZXT has. I really like the fractalized/polygon design of the 10 series Nvidia cards, maybe something like that...

d34th25

Efficiency Noob
Nov 25, 2017
My new mounting bracket arrived, it works! Although there were minor things I would like to tweak on. I tested the temps and it dropped from 80c under 85% power load on the stock cooler to 65c with the aio.

I couldnt actually use the thermaltake aio with the original frame of the titan X pascal. The aio could not contact the gpu chip, therefore as shown in the picture I had to remove the whole original cooler leaving a naked board. I decided not to use the aio as I do not have anything cooling the VRMs for now. Was worried as Titan's power draw is a lot and I actually dont want to damage it. I need to actually find a solution if I want to use the aio.

For now, I'll return the stock cooler onto the gpu

Colinreay

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Aug 28, 2016
Any updates?

Now that I have my 3d printer up and running, I should be able to work on some more stuff! I'll try to have a updated design with quick mount shroud printed by the weekend. Only catch is I only have PLA right now :(, used up all the PETG. No biggie, will order some more today.

Sort of want to go with a fractalized polygonal design (if that's the right way to describe it at all...), sort of like what Nvidia has been doing for awhile. I made this speaker case last week, and am guessing the new design might share some ideas with this as well.

If you have any suggestions, I will try my best to implement them!

TxAxGentry

What's an ITX?
Feb 17, 2018
Just wanted to say this looks amazing. Do you know if it can fit a H100i v2? I know the Kraken g10 doesn't fit and haven't heard if the g12 does but id bee interested in something like this if it can fit it

Reactions: Biowarejak

cooroxd

What's an ITX?
Feb 21, 2018
I'm also interested in this project as well. I have an evga 980ti ftw, would any of your custom brackets work with it? I could buy a kraken g10 but those are expensive in Canada and they go about $60+.

dalosiman

What's an ITX?
Mar 27, 2019
Any info or anyone know if someone could make a bracket set to fit a Asus Dual RX480-04G? I have an extra Cryorig Asetek gen5 pump and radiator lying here just begging to be fit to my GPU! It leaked at the radiator where the tubing attaches and I removed the tubing and cleaned out the radiator and could easily attach it to my Asus Dual RX480-04G. It would probably also be a helluva lot cheaper than buying a dedicated GPU waterblock as the only one I found is in the UK and they want $120.15 and another $16.50 for shipping.

Last edited:

nikzack14

Case Bender
New User
Apr 25, 2021
My new mounting bracket arrived, it works! Although there were minor things I would like to tweak on. I tested the temps and it dropped from 80c under 85% power load on the stock cooler to 65c with the aio.

I couldnt actually use the thermaltake aio with the original frame of the titan X pascal. The aio could not contact the gpu chip, therefore as shown in the picture I had to remove the whole original cooler leaving a naked board. I decided not to use the aio as I do not have anything cooling the VRMs for now. Was worried as Titan's power draw is a lot and I actually dont want to damage it. I need to actually find a solution if I want to use the aio.

Can you please send me the file so that i can print it since you have same aio as i do

nikzack14

Case Bender
New User
Apr 25, 2021

since you have same aio as i do, can you please send me the file so that i can print it myself

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
since you have same aio as i do, can you please send me the file so that i can print it myself
There is one on thingiverse (a couple other models, just search gpu aio