Enclosure 8.16L Flex ATX case from GEEEK

Maestria

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jun 8, 2017
Geeek just announced a new case that uses Flex ATX psu with Hutzy XS/Custom_MOD mini design style, it's already in preorder with competitive price. (49.99$)

http://www.geeekstore.com/shop/geeek-a30-mini-itx-case/

Spec :
Model : A30
Available Color : White / Black
Materials : Acrylic, Aluminium Extrusion
Dimensions (H x W x D) : 272*242*124mm
GPU max legnth : 210mm
CPU cooler max height : 50mm
Motherboard : Mini-ITX
Drives : 2.5″ HDD/SSD x 2, 3.5″ x1 (Optional)
Front ports : USB 3.0 x2 , HD Audio , MIC
Expansion Slots : 2
Cooling System : 80mm fan x2 (Optional)
Power Supply Type : Standard Mini-ITX / FLEX ATX

Last edited:

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2017
last minute title change lol

layout wise, looks similar to the hutzy xs, but i like how the ssd cover up the pci slot, looks much cleaner.

widescreen

What's an ITX?
Oct 12, 2017
Very nice. I'm concerned about the noise of those Flex ATX PSUs with 40mm fans though.
What's a standard mini-ITX PSU by the way ?

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
You could put an had plex in the psu bay and go that route possibly.

49.99 case
28.50 shipping
Need a riser for gpu so approx 30.00

Just over 100 or so USD to get it in hand. Give or take.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I've read that before but I'm giving this one the benefit of the doubt, because it's being built with aluminum extrusions so it should be stronger.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a pre-order, could be good for a case modding project.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I got the ITX test bench from GEEEK and was not very impressed with it, it wasn't very thoughtfully designed. Without going into too much detail or giving the company a very hard time... I paid $15 for it and it was functional.

This case includes its PCI-e extension cable and is priced at $50. It's pretty incredible value even if it ends up having flimsy build quality. The preorder bonuses make the value even higher, it's hard to understate that at the price point.

On principle, I like that GEEEK is able to make the offerings they do at the low price point they make. If you want the loving attention to detail and top-notch build quality, you should be looking at custom case projects on here. ;)

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
This case includes its PCI-e extension cable and is priced at $50. It's pretty incredible value even if it ends up having flimsy build quality. The preorder bonuses make the value even higher, it's hard to understate that at the price point.

I don't think the pcie cable is included.

From the order link :

NOTE :

• This product excludes PCI-E extension cable

Reactions: 10410039

drunker

Trash Compacter
Apr 25, 2017
honestly, I don't understand why would anyone consider going with 1u power supply. It's not worth it for going 1 inch shorter and have a crazy loud power supply for the lifespan of the build. We are suppose to make small form factor better, not worse.

Reactions: odeniz

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
You could use anything that would fit in there, I suppose. Maybe stuff a AC power brick in that space, or go with a Meanwell 400W PSU if you want to wire everything yourself.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I don't think the pcie cable is included.

From the order link :

NOTE :

• This product excludes PCI-E extension cable

Somehow I misread that as "includes." I've been running on E for a bit, sorry!

The value is definitely a lot weaker without the riser included, though I personally have gotten lucky with cheaper risers myself.

I would have never known acrylic is bad for ESD--where I live ESD is pretty much never an issue with electronics.

Reactions: TheHig