4L project [Mr.Haru] mITX+RTX2070+internal PSU+14cm thin case fan

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
project Mr.Haru is the mini version of project Mr.Nostyle by shrinking the internal psu size to 16cm*9cm*1.8cm(300w/400w available)

project MrHaru 's dimension is 303mm * 179mm*72.5mm,about 3.93L,sub 4L case club,and it is complete custom build to MrHaru's Asus Z390i mITX MB and Gigabyte RTX2070 itx VGA.

an overall picture first:

front view:

rear:

side:

internal hardware layout:

the 12V internal psu designed to be between the bottom case and vga,it is a high temp reliable type,complete fanless,its metal cover is thermal coupling to the case and also add copper sheet to help spread the heat.size is about 160mm L * 90mm W *18mm H,300watts,400watts 2 model,and typical eff is 94.5%@12V 25A output,65C case temp,220Vac in.it power the Gunique Archdaemon direct plug for MB and also the VGA:

MrHaru designed to use the style of BigWindow opening +Dust filter+filter support.the 14cm thin fan is fasten to the filter support:

to install hardware:
prepare the Vga,remove the IO shield:

MrHaru uses a completely made FPC pcie extension cable only to fit the case,which is called G-flex pcie cable:

insert the golded finger part of G-flex pcie cable to the MB's pcie slot:

then insert the pcie dummy plug to help G-flex firmly contact the pcie slots,a tape is attached to the dummy plug to help pulling out the plug when un-install it:

that is why it is called G-flex,for it is very flexible,and thin:

and install all hardware on the MB:

then put the MB and VGA into the case bottom part and fasten the screw as usual,plug the archdaemon plug,and cpu ,pcie plug too:

the rear view of VGA IO:

MB side:

forget take photo of VGA side:

front view:

so compact almost no 1mm space more at the front,the side,and the height:

plug the front usb and power switch connector and install the front bezel:

and light up:

thanks for viewing

Last edited:

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
reserved for Q&A
open to accept order~

Last edited:

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
As always nice work @guryhwa.
Indeed!

ArchDaemon + internal 12V PSU: am I wrong or is it the first combo that is brickless and provides 12V instead of 19V?

Very nice flexible PCIe riser!
I am surprised it works fine without any shielding!

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Indeed!

ArchDaemon + internal 12V PSU: am I wrong or is it the first combo that is brickless and provides 12V instead of 19V?

Very nice flexible PCIe riser!
I am surprised it works fine without any shielding!

People have been using the Meanwell EPP or RPS AC/DC PSUs to provide power to PicoPSU (Minibox) or J-Hack plug in units. That's an all 12v solution. J-Hack also has a 400w 12v distro board similar to the Dynamo.