Closed 4-liter aluminum prototype case (fits mini ITX GPUs)

I'm selling one of my prototype cases based on the 4-liter MT4-S mini-ITX case. This case supports a mini-ITX motherboard with a similarly sized graphics cards via a PCIe riser. It's a sandwich style design with room for a Flex-ATX power supply (up to 170mm long).

Only one of these cases has been made. The case is made of aluminum from 2mm to 2.5mm thick with 1.6mm side panels. This aluminum is brushed but not anodized so you'll need to be careful with avoiding scratches. That being said, expect to see some visible wear from the inside of the case from having been in use for a while now. A PCIe riser cable is not included. You'll need to provide your own (using a length of roughly 20-25cm). There is a hole in the back to install a 16mm anti-vandal power switch.

As with many cases of this size you will probably have to take some of the frame apart in order to build inside of it, which can be done by removing the M3 screws from the corner cubes. Most of the screws are hex cap screws. The side panels come attached with Phillips screws, and they both have identical vents.

Looking to sell this case for $75 + shipping.

Case specs:
  • Dimensions: 186mm L x 218mm H x 109mm W
  • Material: 2mm - 2.5mm aluminum frame, 1.6mm side panels
  • CPU cooler: up to 47 mm in height
  • Motherboard: mini-ITX
  • GPU/expansion card: 2-slot up to 176mm in length
  • Power: Flex ATX (170 mm max) or various DC-ATX
  • Storage: up to 2x 2.5" drives depending on CPU cooler height

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Hi @CC Ricers, I'm very interested in this little gem!

Been looking on and off since you posted it the other day, and can't leave it alone.

"Sadly" no one else has jumped in and saved me from temptation ?

I have some questions, so will message you rather than fill up the thread

It'd need to be shipped to the UK please.

catawalks

Average Stuffer
Dec 17, 2019
I'm very tempted to pick this up as well. It looks like a really nice, solid, little case. Do you have pics of the side panels?

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Case has been shipped. Closing this thread for now, at least until the next sale of prototype case parts.

Reactions: Kundahli

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Delivery Update. Package left the US Sunday 26th, arrived in UK Customs today, Fri 31st July. Soon!...

Reactions: Kundahli

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Another much welcome delivery update. The parcel is at my local ParcelForce Depot 10 miles away. the wrote me a letter on Monday August 3rd which arrived today.
As expected they are wanting the 20% VAT, no duty, but a 12 GBP / US $15 clearance fee paying before they will deliver.

**EDIT** Paid the fees and it is due to be delivered on Monday.
Slight panic as the online and automated phone payment systems didn't recognise the reference number...
The lady I spoke to in the end said there was a problem with the processing system and sorted it manually. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: CC Ricers

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
The Eagle has landed! @CC Ricers

All looks fine, one Motherboard standoff came off in transit, but was safe in the packing.

I'll have time to look properly after work and will report back ? ?

Reactions: CC Ricers

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
The Eagle has landed! @CC Ricers

All looks fine, one Motherboard standoff came off in transit, but was safe in the packing.

I'll have time to look properly after work and will report back ? ?
Good to know! Make sure to post your build experience in the thread for this case!

Reactions: Arboreal