3d Technical Artist / Compositing / Game Dev Rig

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
It looks like the 645LT will be available on OverclockersUK next week, but I can't recommend it if you move your case alot.

@juanelo_dev: I think if you setup the fan speed at 30% for temps under 50°C with MSI Afterburner the Asus Turbo will be dead silent in normal usage. Under load you will hear the card but the radial design will help moving air outside the case. Like many other GTX/RTX cards, the card is not designed to run as cool as possible they are designed to reach a specific temp limit by adjusting the clock speed. This means a card with a bigger heatsink can clock higher while having the same temp. The clock increase is not unlimited there is a point where the card will stopped by the powerlimit. So a GTX/RTX card can only have lower temps than other cards if it hits power limit while having more cooling capabilities.

Last edited:

juanelo_dev

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 26, 2018
Hi Guys,
Pleased to report I just received by Dan A4 and finally completed my build!

Set "Long Power Duration Limit" to 95, and everything seems to be working great.
I ended up having to return the ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti for what seemed to be messed up GPU memory causing the famous disco-lighting artifact issue.
Replaced it with an EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC Gaming with no issues.

Thanks for all the support with getting all of this figured out!

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0:
FPS: 222.7
Score: 5610
Min FPS: 38.0
Max FPS: 437.8

System
Platform: Windows NT 6.2 build 9200 64bit
CPU model: Intel R Core TM i-8700 CPU 3.20GHz 3191MHz x6
GPU model: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 2621 4095MB x1

Settings
Render: Direct3D11
Mode: 1600x900 8xAA windowed
Preset: Extreme

Temps:

- Idle temps seem to sit between 30-32 degrees
- During Unigine Heaven, temps generally oscillated around the 40-55 range, with the max reported temp rising to 63.

*have yet to do either the tape mod or fan duct