Concept 3D printable 5L-class FlexATX/ITX GPU case project

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Would you consider using cut acetal sheets for exterior pieces? I won't be as pretty as acrylic but surely more impact resistant.

This is something I might do for my own hybrid 3D print/laser cut case. The alternatives are acrylic but as you said they can shatter. But would carrying your computer inside a hard interior-padded case mitigate chances of shatter? Because this is actually what I was planning to do, build my PC case around the interior dimensions of a small hard clamshell case. It's really meant for VR hardware but you could put anything you want that would fit in that space :)

Last edited:

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 20, 2017
Maybe...
But the advantage of the 3D printed parts is I can make them at home :) And since I'm not concerned about the looks I don't really see a point bothering.

I don't want a 2nd case since that would mean paying for extra luggage on each flight.

MassZERO

Caliper Novice
Dec 6, 2019
Wow I loved your work! Is it possible that I can print a 3D of it?
Just asking will the Geeek Custom Flex ATX fit on it??

Geek Custom Flex ATX Modular PSU
Dimension : 81.5 mm (W) x 40.5 mm (H) x 170 mm (D)

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 20, 2017
I'm currently reworking it to improve a few things like fastening of the different parts...
It's not really clear up to where the Geeek PSU measures 170mm. It's probably up to the end of the socket, and you then have to add another 15-20mm for the cable-side plug and some room for the cables to bend. My case has 192mm available as long as you don't fit an HDD at the bottom, so it might just about fit...