Log 3700X & RTX 3080 in the Aklla A4 Pro

Mewsse

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Apr 25, 2021
jeremy.sh
Hello there ! Long time lurker finally participating ! (and hello from France)

I've been interested in building my own small form factor PC since a long time, but never had the finance or the time to do it.
End of 2020, I had the chance to buy a Zotac RTX 3080 Amp Holo in a local store and I already had a 3700X in my rig.
What the best to do ? Go smaller !

Why the Aklla A4 Pro ? The Zotac Amp Holo is a thick GPU. (3 slots in total thickness and 318mm in length), so the case choice was limited.

Here is the final parts assembled :
  • CASE : Aklla A4 Pro bought on Aliexpress
  • Motherboard : B550I Aorus pro ax
  • CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ Stock
  • CPU Cooler : Alpenfoehn Black Ridge
    • Noctua NF-A9x14 under
    • Arctic P12 Slim on top
  • GPU : Zotac RTX 3080 Amp Holo with undervolt (1815Mhz @ 825mV)
  • RAM : 2 x 16go Corsair Veangeance CL16 @ 3200 Mhz
  • Storage :
    • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
    • Crucial P1 1To
  • PSU : Cooler Master V650 SFX
  • FANS :
    • 2 x Arctic P12 Slim on top as exhaust
    • 1 x old Corsair fan on the bottom as exhaust
Here some pictures of the build

Testing the GPU for fit (it's tight !)

Cable management was a mess.

GPU and top bracket installed

120mm fan installed on the bottom and better cable management

Final build on my desk

Final thoughts :

It's my first SFF build. For me, the Aklla A4 Pro is a great case. The build quality is really good, the machining is excellent and everything fits perfectly. It's heavy and feel built like a tank. Each panel is thick and heavy.
You can easily change the space for your CPU cooler and GPU (from 2 slots to 3 slots) and building in this case was a breeze.

Temps are great : 70C on the GPU and CPU in game, 73C on the CPU in heavy load and fans are not loud enough to cover my mechanical keyboard. On light load, it's really silent (0rpm for the GPU) and the CPU stays at 50C max.
PSU can be seen as small but is large enough for everything. The fan is only ramping in game.

Only (small) downside : the GPU riser is only Gen 3. Not a deal breaker and you can buy a Gen 4 on the seller page but have this in mind before setting everything in the case (not like me).

That's all !

ezerez

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2021
Hello

The build looks really great! Also the case looks very high quality. Can I ask you how much you spend on the case in the end. Im also thinking about importing something to germany so I guess it would be a similar price.

kind regards

Mewsse

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Apr 25, 2021
jeremy.sh
I bought the case on Aliexpress, right here. In total, I paid 252€, express shipping included. The case only took about a week to be delivered and was very well protected.