Log 3090 Founders Edition on Ghost S1 poor man build

C0M9L3XM1ND

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 23, 2020
Current build is air cooled only but I have an additional 2nd brand new/unopen Ghost S1 case plus 2 medium and 1 large top hat for backup and creativity. Should I stack a 2nd Ghost S1 on top of current but fill with rads?

Temporary setup until all custom water cooling parts arrives!
After upgrade will have:
Large hat with 240mm ST30 V.2 plus 2 x 25mm Noctuas
Medium hat with 120mm ST25 V.2 plus 2 x 25mm Noctuas. PSU side with rad + fan, Mobo side just fan
3090 FE with Bitspower waterblock
5950x 16 core Zen 3
Apogee Drive II

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Very cool, looking forward to seeing your completed build. Looks like the Bitspower block will fit easily, do you know if anyone is making a single slot PCI bracket for the 3090?

C0M9L3XM1ND

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 23, 2020
Very cool, looking forward to seeing your completed build. Looks like the Bitspower block will fit easily, do you know if anyone is making a single slot PCI bracket for the 3090?
I never thought about that requirement because non of the waterblock manufacturers listed that type of info. I just reviewed a random EKWB's 3080/3090 waterblock installation guide. Again no description of bracket installation or mounting step, just waterblock. Amazon sell universal gpu brace supports. Do you have any recommendation? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
In the past EK has offered single slot brackets like this, problem I see would be mounting it to the Bitspower block. Looking at the current 3 slot bracket on the FE it looks like it actually attaches to the heatsink, it that is true you would think they would need to supply an optional bracket in order for you to install the water block.