CPU [20/08/2024]ASRock DeskMini X600 BIOS "4.03.MEM01" (with RAM voltage settings!!!) - AGESA ComboAM5Pi "1.2.0.0a"

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
Greetings to the users of the DIY MiniPC ASRock DeskMini X600, I am opening a thread here for those who wish to have the possibility of adjusting the voltages of their DDR5 SO-DIMM RAM kits (I know for a fact that you wish to do so😅) as well as the vSOC, so I am sharing with you a link to download a Beta BIOS that I got from a friend (who himself got it directly from ASRock support).

This is version "4.01.MEM01", but be careful this bios uses an AGESA ComboAM5Pi firmware version "1.1.0.2b" which is less recent than the one present in the latest official BIOS "4.03" (which has version "1.2.0.0a"), so be careful this last one will not support the new AMD Ryzen 9000 series which will be released soon (you need at least a BIOS with the AGESA ComboAM5Pi firmware "1.1.7.0" to be able to run these), I will keep you informed if I ever manage to get BIOSes with more recent AGESA firmware and which of course have the RAM voltage settings available.

One last thing, do not hesitate to share your results and tests with this Beta BIOS, or even if you have questions or suggestions about the settings/overclocking results of the DDR5 SO-DIMM kits, because knowledge in overclocking and its sharing is a very important thing...

[!UPDATE! - 20/08/2024]

So I have two big news, one good and one excellent, the good: I just received from ASRock support the test BIOS "4.03.MEM01" which is literally the same BIOS as the official version "4.03" but with full access to the DDR5 RAM voltage settings/parameters (as in the previous test BIOS "4.01.MEM01") and having the ASESA firmware updated to version "1.2.0.0a" and therefore support for Zen5 "Granite Ridge" CPUs (Ryzen 9000 series CPUs).

And finally the excellent news is that ASRock "BIOS" department has finally made the decision to natively integrate these DDR5 RAM voltage settings/parameters into the next official BIOS updates of the DeskMini X600 (AGESA v1.2.0.1 and later). I think that the many users who reported their problems to stabilize their DDR5 SO-DIMM 6000MHz and 6400MHz RAM kits (the latter even being validated in their QVL RAM for the DeskMini X600) must have played a big part in this decision, as well as the fact that I pointed out to them that in the official PDF manual of the DeskMini X600 motherboard (ref X600M-STX) downloadable on the support page, there is clearly and explicitly the description and native presence of these said parameters/settings on pages 30 and 31, which proved a voluntary (and not really justifiable) limitation of access to these parameters. In short, it is a good thing and finally a proof of good faith and understanding of their customers to put to their credit, to have agreed to come back on this painful limitation.

Of course I added the new test BIOS "4.03.MEM01" to the online upload folder, if you want to test it. One last thing, do not hesitate to share here in this thread any problems/bugs (even if they are minimal and very little annoying) that you have encountered, I will quickly report them and keep you informed of their "hypothetical" management/feedback of these.

Link[UP 06/09/2024]:

Last edited:
Reactions: CatapultCase

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
the highest i was able to boot with that bios is 9200. I am currently working to get 8400 daily stable but its harder than expected.
Hoping that you do even better with your DDR5 SO-DIMM kit, my friend 😉 and if I can also recommend these inexpensive full-copper (and graphene coating) heat sinks (this is what I used on my Samsung B-Die DDR4 SO-DIMM kit (2x16GB) with ventilation on my DeskMini X300 and which allowed me to reach 4266MHz CL18-17-17-17-35-52-1T and IF sync 1:1 without exceeding 50°C) :

Last edited:
Reactions: CatapultCase

dacnick

Cable Smoosher
Jul 26, 2024
Hoping that you do even better with your DDR5 SO-DIMM kit, my friend 😉 and if I can also recommend these inexpensive full-copper (and graphene coating) heat sinks (this is what I used on my Samsung B-Die DDR4 SO-DIMM kit (2x16GB) with ventilation on my DeskMini X300 and which allowed me to reach 4266MHz CL17-17-17-17-34-51-1T and IF sync 1:1 without exceeding 50°C) :

I use this, sadly the pmic gets in the way of the back one without the grooves, i needed to bend/flex it abit and add a layer of thermal tape. to have some contact to nand chip. I think the biggest issue axp90 orientation in x600, the openings are against the ram stick, so you can have airflow toward the vrm and m.2 but not towards the ram slots

Stoney

Chassis Packer
Jul 25, 2024
its a valid concern, even if it happens very very rarely. You can still achive a good memory oc with the normal 4.03 bios, even if you are limited to 1.2v-1.35v depending on what profile you load.

Since you say you are not having airflow over the ram this bios will probably not do much for you anyway. In your case i would probably load a 1.1v JEDEC profile which the board rounds up to 1.2v and tune it up. You should aim for the highest stable memory frequency possible, the primary timings matter very little for the iGPU performance so you can run them loose to make higher speeds work with 1.2v.

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021

good news deskmini x600 supports bios flashback!
Yes, I had seen this a few hours ago😅 but hey thanks anyway friend, besides the link to the video was already in place on the official DeskMini X600 page for about 4~5 days but until today the video was not accessible (it marked "private content").

Reactions: rfarmer and dacnick

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
New TEST BIOS "4.03.MEM01" with AGESA firmware "1.2.0.0a" with RAM voltage settings!!! and Zen5 "Granite Ridge" CPU support.

Look in the first thread

Last edited:

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
is the FCLK bug from bios 4.03 fixed in 4.03MEM01?
Sorry, I haven't tested the BIOS "4.03.MEM01" yet, I received it the day before yesterday in the evening and so since I work during the day during the week I don't have all the time for myself that I would like to have😅.

So I'm still currently on the "4.01.MEM01", I will test it in depth this weekend, but I suppose that the FCLOCK bug is a possibility because in the email I received from ASRock support, they define this test BIOS as the BIOS "4.03" with the DDR5 voltage settings/parameters available and just told me in addition that there was the AGESA firmware updated to "v1200a" (which was already the case on the official BIOS "4.03").

And as I specified in the UPDATE of my first thread, the last thing he told me in the email is that from now on the DDR5 voltage settings will be natively accessible in the next official BIOS (in AGESA "v1201" and later), which is a big victory for us users😎 (I think my last reply email confronting them with their contradictions had its "small effect"😅).​

Stoney

Chassis Packer
Jul 25, 2024
Cuz i was bored i tested the new 4.03.MEM01 Bios and the FCLK setting in the OC Tweaker page is working.
I only miss the iGPU clock setting on the OC Tweaker page which is sad cuz it allowed to go up 3200MHz iGPU clocks in the old 4.01.MEM01 bios. Now the only option to OC the iGPU is the PBO +200MHz option which results in just 3000MHz with my 8500g iGPU. So the new bios is worse for iGPU performance for me.