confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network

Thanks folks! Welcome aboard to all our new users, and thanks heaps to our active community members. 25,000 posts is HUGE! (In a SFF way of course)

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
That's awesome news guys. As I sit here with a beer in my hand (and a few empties close by), I wish you all the best in the year to come. It's awesome to see SFF becoming ever more mainstream. Rock on dudes!

craigbru

LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
Indeed. We're just building on what LOSIAS and SFFr started..

Indeed, and I'm so happy to see it head in a positve direction. It crazy to think about how much things have progressed since my first foray into SFF. Back then it was all about barebones. Lots of cool cases but they were all part of proprietary systems. Ah, the memories.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Shuttles were the only way back then. In saying that, 2016 was the 15th (!!) birthday of M-ITX!

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Oh darn, we forgot to do a article about it. Hurry John, there's still one day left! :p

craigbru

LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
Speaking of Shuttle, that was my first SFF love. The SN25P occupied my dreams. I bought one and the rest is history.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Congrats guys, it seems like only yesterday you set up the site and forum. Now it's easily the premier place on the net for original SFF content. Good job!

Reactions: Phuncz and craigbru

craigbru

LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
Shuttles were the only way back then. In saying that, 2016 was the 15th (!!) birthday of M-ITX!

Let's not forget about Biostar, Aopen, or even MSI. No doubt that Shuttle remained on the cutting edge for much longer. After 2006 or so you really didn't see much advancement from the others.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Very good point. Alas, nowadays we aren't seeing very much innovation from shuttle :|

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
It was that box that got me into server hardware early on!

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Congrats guys, it seems like only yesterday you set up the site and forum. Now it's easily the premier place on the net for original SFF content. Good job!

Thanks! And time sure does fly, I remember being excited when we hit 20 whole registered users.

And I was joking with @Phuncz the other day that now, if it wasn't for the M1, A4-SFX, and Sentry threads, the [H] sub would look something like this:

It's a great community and has been a big service to SFF but it's nice having a place now where half empty ATX builds go in the off-topic section :p

Reactions: Phuncz and craigbru